LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Heading down soon . First I gotta feed the neighbors two large dogs and let them out, as they’re in the hospital having their first child .
Trouble is the German Shepard bit me this summer as I leaned over the fence , so going into their house should be interesting.

When I was a kid I would feed my neighbors two dogs and let them out in the yard. They loved to see me on my way in ,but the shepherd would bite me when I would leave. So I would get his toy and throw it into the living room as I exited. Brings back memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Congrats Jeremy,you did better than me. All my bow practice and the shot was a good 4 " right,boooo.

dead deer are dead deer. I'm about 5 pages back and I'm sure its explained, but that doesn't look like a boiler room shot either. again, dead deer are dead deer boys. congrats to you both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belo said:

dead deer are dead deer. I'm about 5 pages back and I'm sure its explained, but that doesn't look like a boiler room shot either. again, dead deer are dead deer boys. congrats to you both.

You are right. I am very happy it ended with a dead deer in my freezer and not as coyote food. My shot entered between the 4th and 5th rib from the back end and exited between 2nd and 3rd back. I think i may have just clipped the diaphragm,which probably also helped to keep the doe from going too far. 

Half or more of her meat is in the freezer,still have to finish trimming about 15#. I am very thankful it turned out good in the end.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Belo said:

On a quartering away deer from the ground? You couldn't put a better shot on it .

Live from my Desk. Wish I could have gotten out yesterday but it with heavy rain in the forcast I didn't go. Had a great sit Saturday. Saw 12 deer total. 9 doe, two small bucks and a beautiful 8 pointer. I was sitting on the oak ridge again and saw the deer come out of the thick stuff on the other side of the creek about 80 yds away. Glassed him and instantly saw he was a shooter. I grabbed my bow, stood up, flipped up the seat and waited. It took him about 20 minutes to feed his way up the ridge eating acorns and into bow range. I was shaking like crazy the whole time. I was patient and did everything right, even ranging him several times. I ranged him the last time at 26 yds and I just need him to take a couple steps to get out from behind some saplings. Those couple steps took forever but he finally made them and was standing broad side at 26 yds. I leave my single pin at 25 yds so didn't even have to move it. Got drawn, still shaking in the legs, settled the pin and let the arrow fly. It went about two feet over his back and he took off running. I have no idea what the heck I did but I was sick. My shot wasn't even close. I sat back down for a few minutes and went and found my perfectly clean arrow. I thought I took my time and did everything correctly. Shot my bow when I got home Saturday night and I was right on at 25yds. I screwed something up to miss that bad. Doubt I will be back out before Saturday and I will be toting the crossbow then. Hope I get another crack at him. Still was a great day in the woods and I still got my antlered tag for the best time of the season so all isn't lost...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

You must have gotten a pass through on that shot,right?

I was literally just about to post this!

For the first time ever I did get a pass through. The lighted nock was somehow still showing as it ran off initially, but near the ground was a non-broken arrow, the nock a few feet away, and a terrible hole on front and back. I did up my poundage to 70 lbs a couple of weeks ago and used a Rage 2. The entry hole was huge, the exit was, too.