LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

9 hours ago, Chef said:

So since it’s after hours and no one is in the woods right now I thought I’d have a little fun. I found this pic of a member in a old thread and thought this might be fun since he’s an adult now..

Name this hunter

2f0a7c720f0a486ca91cf8fce17cbbb4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeyfeathers is my guess

10 hours ago, grampy said:

Chasing and grunting over at the farm tonight Matt. 

I'll be over your way Saturday morning. Cooler temps. And good timing should make this a great weekend! Best of luck to ya sir!

Yes sir this is the best time to be in the woods. Good luck to you too.

Today is day 1 of my huntcation time this year. From now till early December, I’m only working 10 days. Had to take my son to school so I’m a little late getting in. Cameras have been showing a ton of mid day activity, with bucks cruising and pushing does each day. I have had a few bruisers popping up during daylight for the last few days. Hopefully one of them steps into range. 

• Like 2

Sooooooo Close!! At 7:45am, I had this guy 30 yards away walking straight to me! I was ready to fill my tag out!! All of a sudden, he goes on high alert and starts looking to my right. Then, I heard banging and crashing getting closer, WTF??? The neighbor decided to drive in at 7:45am on an old logging road ~80 yards away to go retrieve honey bee hive boxes that he had out!! The buck took a couple of bounds back into the thicket and was gone!! Damn it!!! If the freekin' guy would have been 5 min later, this all would have turned out differently!! This is the first time I've laid eyes on this buck! The pics just don't justice to his rack or body size! I think if I put in enough time at this stand, our paths will cross again!

IMG-0154-2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 9

18 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Sooooooo Close!! At 7:45am, I had this guy 30 yards away walking straight to me! I was ready to fill my tag out!! All of a sudden, he goes on high alert and starts looking to my right. Then, I heard banging and crashing getting closer, WTF??? The neighbor decided to drive in at 7:45am on an old logging road ~80 yards away to go retrieve honey bee hive boxes that he had out!! The buck took a couple of bounds back into the thicket and was gone!! Damn it!!! If the freekin' guy would have been 5 min later, this all would have turned out differently!! This is the first time I've laid eyes on this buck! The pics just don't justice to his rack or body size! I think if I put in enough time at this stand, our paths will cross again!

IMG-0154-2.jpg

That sucks hope u get another chance.  At least being spooked by the vehicle not as bad as being busted while hunting. Good luck

• Like 1

So since it’s after hours and no one is in the woods right now I thought I’d have a little fun. I found this pic of a member in a old thread and thought this might be fun since he’s an adult now..

Name this hunter

2f0a7c720f0a486ca91cf8fce17cbbb4.png&key=0eb918c1f4dafba2f38fb29fa19d010987ab1d84448d6af1f1ada0ab9cd30fe0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Armend!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just had a small 6 inside his ears come in downwind 5 yards......wouldn't leave the wood line and knew something wasn't right. Funny as heck to watch him startle and get his rack caught in some scrub almost causing him to roll backwards. Hit the grunt to a few times but he had no interest. Thought he was fully committed looking for love....tongue was out and he was snorting a bit.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 4