LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Planned to try to get out later but 4:30 conference call killed that idea.  Off Friday but not sure how much I can hunt in those heavy winds.  You wind think they will be moving post Thursday storm, but up 50mph winds might just kill that idea.  Hoping the wind is less than forecasted. 

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

Planned to try to get out later but 4:30 conference call killed that idea.  Off Friday but not sure how much I can hunt in those heavy winds.  You wind think they will be moving post Thursday storm, but up 50mph winds might just kill that idea.  Hoping the wind is less than forecasted. 

Agree.. Cant make it out myself today but I think my next day will be Saturday

Well glad I’m sitting a few days out, with all the “ nothing”reports . Sat afternoon and perhaps all day M,T as they look good . Just shot three bolts, 20,30,40 yards may use the Ten Point a sit or two coming up , depending on which stand I use . I really want to kill one with the Xbow, but also with my academy trained Elite !

• Like 1

Sooooooo Close!! At 7:45am, I had this guy 30 yards away walking straight to me! I was ready to fill my tag out!! All of a sudden, he goes on high alert and starts looking to my right. Then, I heard banging and crashing getting closer, WTF??? The neighbor decided to drive in at 7:45am on an old logging road ~80 yards away to go retrieve honey bee hive boxes that he had out!! The buck took a couple of bounds back into the thicket and was gone!! Damn it!!! If the freekin' guy would have been 5 min later, this all would have turned out differently!! This is the first time I've laid eyes on this buck! The pics just don't justice to his rack or body size! I think if I put in enough time at this stand, our paths will cross again!
IMG-0154-2.jpg&key=07d9fddf54198b0a168aa09da6894f6c0421a0e40695a89c4ac5106928371f01

Sorry man that sucks. What are the freaking chances!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

Pretty cool experience on the walk in. At an intersection of the approach trail and logging road I always pause and peak to see if there was a deer and today there was. Go figure I forget my binos. Anyhow he’s at about 80 yards but I’m well hidden and can’t tell what he is. I carefully nock an arrow and get my release on. He crosses the road into the pines. There’s a run here that angles right past my stand. I have to decide if I should hurry up the stand which is about 10 yards away or stay on the ground and choose the later.

Sure enough he comes up the run and we lock eyes at 10 yards. Just a young spike, a doe would have been drawn on for sure.

Cool way to start the afternoon sit after a deerless morning.

• Like 6

Just had a dog chasing deer come thru.  That's a big help.  I scared the crap outa him but damage is done. Seen two tails out across field and he came right by me.  

Hate that shit. I gotta go have a chat with my neighbors. Got pics of their dog chasing deer on my property. And last week I’m in hunting seeing zip. Check cam and dog is in the wood coming out 30 minutes before I went in at 6:30am. Then I get the neighbors neighbors dogs rrrrrrrr

Out on a big brassica and clover plot in 8H. I was planning to sit another property down the road a few miles but when I pulled up the farmer was tilling the bean field right by the stand I wanted to sit. Not a huge fan of the stand I’m in but didn’t have time to do a hang and hunt or get to one a little closer in. Already have a few does out in the field, hoping something with antlers comes out soon

28 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

That sucks Rob! I hate when stuff like that happens to spoil your hunt.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Hate that shit. I gotta go have a chat with my neighbors. Got pics of their dog chasing deer on my property. And last week I’m in hunting seeing zip. Check cam and dog is in the wood coming out 30 minutes before I went in at 6:30am. Then I get the neighbors neighbors dogs rrrrrrrr

Its the farmers or amishs dog over the hill.  I don't own or lease land here just have permission or I would be over there.  

Heard him bark and hear them coming bthru corn.  The deer dusted him and I see tails come out of corn into the woods and he came right next to me.  I  clapped my hands and he saw me and tool off for home.  But now I'm wondering how often that is happening.

It was such a perfect wind and so quiet.  Gonna stick it out for the last hour but not very hopeful

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Live from the highway I drove rt 17 from the Haramin toll to exit 100 Saw no less than 7 dead deer mostly spikes. Also saw a lot feeding in the fields midday. Looking like Friday is going to be very windy. I may go surfing Friday Pm

• Like 3