LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

stopped in lowes on the way home to pickup the toilet I ordered online that they didn't have in stock. Might be the only day I wasn't totally out of place in full camo. People wondering if I was dressed up in costume maybe? Girl behind the counter still made the tired old joke of "didn't see you coming". If she wasn't cute I might have had a snarky response as the hunting hasn't put me in a great mood... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Belo said:

stopped in lowes on the way home to pickup the toilet I ordered online that they didn't have in stock. Might be the only day I wasn't totally out of place in full camo. People wondering if I was dressed up in costume maybe? Girl behind the counter still made the tired old joke of "didn't see you coming". If she wasn't cute I might have had a snarky response as the hunting hasn't put me in a great mood... 

I agree, cute always helps.  How about scent control?

Driving around southern Westchester for work I just saw a giant, absolute slob. Too bad you can’t hunt there. Tried to get a pick but he was in some thick stuff and there were too many cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chef said:

Driving around southern Westchester for work I just saw a giant, absolute slob. Too bad you can’t hunt there. Tried to get a pick but he was in some thick stuff and there were too many cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What town- Hastings? Can you shoo him to putnam?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylormike said:

I agree, cute always helps.  How about scent control?

There used to one in that Lowe’s,( Im guessing the one near his home ) that was hot, blonde, French tips, tan, nice body, smelled like vanilla worked early mornings .

I would stop just to get a gator aid in her line .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

There used to one in that Lowe’s,( Im guessing the one near his home ) that was hot, blonde, French tips, tan, nice body, smelled like vanilla worked early mornings .

I would stop just to get a gator aid in her line .

Got pics?

this was on the NY big buck club site - Madison county, not listed where but i lease in Madison co- taken on 10/26 - cool damn buck 263xNxshannon-conlan-buck2019.jpg.pagespeed.ic.mf32gjJrU2.jpg&key=68edb8797cdf971e76efa49f967ee4fef92f4e73b1b49ebf6f48233e4576d7d3
Damn near albino! A true ghost of the woods. Though I'd bet it got that old due to people not shooting it when they had chances. Admittedly I'd probably shoot it but then do a full body mount

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Damn near albino! A true ghost of the woods. Though I'd bet it got that old due to people not shooting it when they had chances. Admittedly I'd probably shoot it but then do a full body mount

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

same i'd shoot a piebald doe or spike or even a fawn!

Just now, Swamp_bucks said:

Like wise.  Ive got a piebald doe hanging out on the neighbors property.  I havent seen it yet but ide like to.  Owners see almost daily.  She will get a pass from me.

youve got the better end of the county for sure.  Hamilton/Georgetown and south - lots of deer ! Another spot i hunt is right on the eastern border of Madison county in Oneida Co.  in 6S.   If the deer run across the road its 7J.  

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

youve got the better end of the county for sure.  Hamilton/Georgetown and south - lots of deer ! Another spot i hunt is right on the eastern border of Madison county in Oneida Co.  in 6S.   If the deer run across the road its 7J.  

Its been rough the last couple years because theres so many amish around and they just stack them.   I joke that the youth opener the amish take as opener of gun.  But i think someones cracked down on them because the deer heard is looking good again in that area.  

I will say though if and when i can by a chunck of land for hunting it will be in the hamilton area.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 1

This morning I was Out for a while, saw plenty of deer, just no shooters. The rain cleared up a bit so I’m back out again, this time in a ground blind in the woods above the plots where the camera nearby has shown good evening action with a couple of the big boys. Figured I’d try a couple of scent wicks, as there’s been some good cruising and chasing going on here lately. 

• Like 1

In 7S my buddy just shot a huge 8 that was bedded with a doe. He walked up to within 30 yards of him and he wouldn't get up. My buddy drew thinking that he would stand up but he just kept laying there so he let it fly. Says he hit high and near shoulder area. He followed blood for a ways and at last blood he said there are chunks of lung in it. I told him to back out as he probably one lunged him with the blood looking the way he described. The deer was headed down into a creek bottom he said you could see in the leaves where he was dragging his feet and stumbled a few times. After we are done with taking our kids trick or treating we're going to go look. I'm thinking he'll be dead in that creek bottom and hoping he didn't fall down and lay on his side the arrow with the lumenok is on.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, bhunterED said:

In 7S my buddy just shot a huge 8 that was bedded with a doe. He walked up to within 30 yards of him and he wouldn't get up. My buddy drew thinking that he would stand up but he just kept laying there so he let it fly. Says he hit high and near shoulder area. He followed blood for a ways and at last blood he said there are chunks of lung in it. I told him to back out as he probably one lunged him with the blood looking the way he described. The deer was headed down into a creek bottom he said you could see in the leaves where he was dragging his feet and stumbled a few times. After we are done with taking our kids trick or treating we're going to go look. I'm thinking he'll be dead in that creek bottom and hoping he didn't fall down and lay on his side the arrow with the lumenok is on.

Good luck. 

8 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

FROM THE GROUND! Good luck