LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Enough foreplay , time to ....

Craptastic weather last night kept the trick or treaters down from 125 ish to 60 ish. We hand out full sized candy bars.  I’m good for hunting for awhile 

4F18E513-DEF7-4FAD-8DD0-C8E97E08C456.jpeg

Where do you live? Those are the good full sized candies. Worth changing the costume a few time to get a couple!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Biz Prediction - A buck dies west of the Hudson tonight. Shot by a forum member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biz - if I shoot a buck tomorrow should I text you first so you can predict it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, E J said:

Just picked up some at Walmart, long line behind me when I got done.

Same thing happened to me.  I got my (2) 9F tags but the cashier did not have a clue when I asked if I could donate $10 for the Hunters feeding the hungry program.   He tried to find something on the DEC site with no success.  The computers were extra slow noon, probably due to volume traffic. I felt sorry for the long line of folks behind me, trying to score free tags on their lunch brake.  Now my plan is to pay for the butchering, if I get an extra deer to donate.   It is too bad the DEC cant get this deal straightened out.  I have heard that others had similar results when they tried to make donations at various retail outlets, besides just Walmart.       

• Like 1

I predict Biz’s dad kills a buck before he does

The odds are in his favor. He will go dark to dark every single day until he gets one or really bad weather and the weather looks good for many days to come. He just found out he has hernia today, but will get the surgery after the season

• Like 1

The odds are in his favor. He will go dark to dark every single day until he gets one or really bad weather and the weather looks good for many days to come. He just found out he has hernia today, but will get the surgery after the season

Dam ur dad is a beast!! You know I was just messing around too. That sucks about the Hernia. Hopefully ur around to help him drag it out

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Same thing happened to me.  I got my (2) 9F tags but the cashier did not have a clue when I asked if I could donate $10 for the Hunters feeding the hungry program.   He tried to find something on the DEC site with no success.  The computers were extra slow noon, probably due to volume traffic. I felt sorry for the long line of folks behind me, trying to score free tags on their lunch brake.  Now my plan is to pay for the butchering, if I get an extra deer to donate.   It is too bad the DEC cant get this deal straightened out.  I have heard that others had similar results when they tried to make donations at various retail outlets, besides just Walmart.       

@wolc123, if you want you can donate to the Venison Donation Coalition via this gofundme organized by Rochester QDMA. It's tax deductible!

link

Edited by goosifer

Sitting doesn't make for much irritation and he's got you to drag his deer for him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Careful lad. I’ve passed up 2 small bucks thus far in 2 different counties

I passed up a nice 8. Had shot didn't like then those bastards the workers scared it off before I got a better shot

So I jumped Back in the redneck for the evening sit. Wind had all but laid down completely the later it got. Right before it started getting dark, a group of does came out into the plot. I held Off waiting for one of the big boys to step out, and right before the day was done, he did just that. Too bad it was at the other end of the plot. He’s a big, tall 8 with good mass. He’s the one that was out this morning too. He’s been pretty active during daylight lately, more so than the other shooters have been. Hopefully I get A crack at him with the crossbow this weekend. 

• Like 1

I passed up a nice 8. Had shot didn't like then those bastards the workers scared it off before I got a better shot

Sounds like you didn’t have a shot. Not “passed up” unless you chose not to shoot

Sounds like you didn’t have a shot. Not “passed up” unless you chose not to shoot

Nah I had a shot. I just was waiting for the perfect shot. It was slight quartering to well within range. And by quartering to I mean if I was 10 feet to my right it'd be perfect broadside. And I decided not to takw that shot and instead be patient and wait for him to take another step or two. No matter I was happy I waited. Hopefully get some more action this weekend.

• Like 2

So after walking up on the fawn walking in , another fawn fed for a long time and then a big doe and 2 more fawn came in inside 25 feet. Dead downwind , her nose in the air but not spooked , zero chance on drawing on her. They gently walked off behind me. Deer everywhere along the road on the way home.  Congrats to everyone who knocked one down today. Tomorrow is looking epic for us all. 

• Like 2