LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Just had another small 4 go by. Turns out the grunting my bro heard is another hunter somehow between us. He starts rattling as this buck s headed his way and that buck just turned and headed away. Guy never knew he woulda had a deer in his lap lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doe down. Momma and young’un came through within 15 yds. Gave ‘em a pass. Came back 15 mins later. Little one was ten yards and starting to stomp. Felt I had to stop that unwanted behavior. No clear shot at momma, but had the little one unobstructed, could clearly see no buttons and thought why not?10 yd shot, went 10 yds and tipped over. Maybe 80-90 lbs. have to get the PA girth chart to make sure, lol.

Hey @Biz-R-OWorld  - from the ground. Actually, first deer I’ve ever shot from a pop up blind. Tender back straps for dinner tonight.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 14

No deer down, but a very exciting hunt here in 4L. Grunted a young buck in for my friend, and the dance lasted about 20 mins. I got him riled up. Hair up on his neck, raking saplings. But he never came close enough.

After watching my buddy shoot bow yesterday, I limited his effective range to 20, tops. I got that buck in to 24, but he wouldn’t commit further.

Bad part is we didn’t get a deer. Good part is my buddy is back out practicing his shots cause he suddenly wants to get better. Ha.

Such an exciting hunt #fromtheground #noblind , Biz...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

• Like 5

So close!! Went home and grabbed my youngest to come back and sit for a hour or so and we weren’t in the blind a min before a doe pops out and starts feeding. My boy climbs up on my lap to keep warm and he wasn’t even done wiggling around yet before a big 8 pointer comes running into the field! He stops 50 yards out as I’m scrambling to get my release on and arrow nocked. Before I can even get the bow up he puts his nose to the ground and trots off to the edge of the field where the doe ran off too. I hit the grunt tube and he stopped on the edge and looked our way. He stood there for a few mins then put his nose back to the ground and off he went into the thick stuff. My boy was so excited we almost got one! I hope he comes back!!

• Like 7

Had a two does come in around 8.40. They approached from the side i have the least cover and the lead doe busted me. I think that stand needs moving,three deer,busted 2.5 times. I thought the cover was good,but not from that direction. Good morning though,congrats to all the people who got one.

My 2 boys do ninja warrior and they are down in Columbus this weekend for a competition. I didn’t go because it’s the crossbow opener. My youngest he killed it this morning ended up on the podium and qualified for worlds . Now I wish I went! That’s him on the far left.

140DA67D-2507-49FE-8607-53E0C47BE6E0.jpeg

• Like 7