LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Was almost live from woods. Had range day today with Field to Fork program. Then mid afternoon that ended. Helped a bowhunter on the host's property track a doe he shot this morning. Hit slightly low and back he thought so he backed out. 6.5 hours later was when we started tracking. The 3 of us tracked but blood trail wasnt great. Seemed like he hit a lobe low on the liver with no lung then out through hide by the stomach. Small amounts of blood didnt seem too fresh so we weren't pushing it. Never bedded but stopped several times. Lost blood around 400 yards then checked further down a trail I thought itd take along a hedge row. picked it up again heading out through a field into a thick narrow creek bottom. We picked up more down in the bottom ditch but still fairly dry and then lost blood again. Just shy of 1,000 yards now. Host followed the ditch further out to a road where it changes landowners again. We called it now four properties deep. Hunter pretty bummed out but will bounce back I'm thinking. Too late to get out there so working on the garage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gotta love this on your camera 150 yards from where your sitting when it's in the middle of your property. I try to be a nice neighbor and not plaster posted signs all over ever ones back yard but my inner a-hole is about ready to light up the neighborhood with yellow and orange posted signs!

Screenshot_20191102-180122.png

• Like 3

My 2 boys do ninja warrior and they are down in Columbus this weekend for a competition. I didn’t go because it’s the crossbow opener. My youngest he killed it this morning ended up on the podium and qualified for worlds . Now I wish I went! That’s him on the far left.
140DA67D-2507-49FE-8607-53E0C47BE6E0.thumb.jpeg.924d002f9d66bf2aa309d8ed2be93f00.jpeg

I got a kid doing this too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just started moving here.got 30 yards into field and could see big body deer moving across field.tucked myself back in woods and did a few grunts.lost sight so went to reposition down trail and heard something running.musta been on top of me already.halfway back to house n had a flag going thru thick brush