LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Oh boys it’s gonna be chilly tomorrow am.

Despite daylight savings my daughter still volunteered to wake at 5 am to go out. Today was a total bust so hopefully I get ya sorted tomorrow default_smile3.gif gonna throw a ton of chem warmers at her.
5am may be a bit late

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, E J said:

Gotta love this on your camera 150 yards from where your sitting when it's in the middle of your property. I try to be a nice neighbor and not plaster posted signs all over ever ones back yard but my inner a-hole is about ready to light up the neighborhood with yellow and orange posted signs!

Screenshot_20191102-180122.png

Yeah so annoying. We had a new neighbor on one of my cams, looks like him and a friend took a long walk around. After a conversation I haven't seen em since.

Ok I'm going solo in the am!!! I love having my son come with me but definitely makes things a little tougher. I'm going to my favorite stand that hasn't been used since last yr, this big block of woods I've only hunted one time this yr so it's almost virgin ground!! It's a spot I picked out soon after my dad bought the place yrs ago and has been a pretty solid spot, my bro shot his nice 8pt out off it. Congrats to all today and good luck in the am!

• Like 2

As soon as I pack up my stuff to leave a big 10 walks by, never got closer than 75yds. Tried grunting, rattling and the can but he didn't react at all. Just kept on trucking. Incidentally all that noise I made called in a 6 pointer. I was stuck in my stand til after dark waiting for him to leave

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Absolutely awesome day here on the thread! Congratulations to all who dropped deer!

I had a buddy, non-forum member who killed a buck this morning as well. His son was in the stand with him. He sent me a pic of his son holding the antlers up and captioned it with, “and this is the best part.”

Awesome day...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Wow supposed to goose hunt the am reading this thread may change my mind. Have a field with 300 birds in it ready to go though.

I’m in the same boat. Was planning on being back after a buck in the morning but now my buddy texts me 30 mins ago and wants to slam some birds in the morning. Sooo I guess I’ll go whack some geese since I’m the one with the permission to the pond he wants to hunt.

2 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

I’m in the same boat. Was planning on being back after a buck in the morning but now my buddy texts me 30 mins ago and wants to slam some birds in the morning. Sooo I guess I’ll go whack some geese since I’m the one with the permission to the pond he wants to hunt.

Agreed, I think I'll goose hunt the morning and deer in afternoon. Should be a good day and its snowing hard as I type this

• Like 3

5am may be a bit late

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hehe it’s been years since I walked in pitch black to a stand. I normally try and show 20-30 min early so I have good light. No idea what this is doing for my chances tho. I do have a 70 min drive, though the walk is a nice five min.
  • Like 1

Gotta love this on your camera 150 yards from where your sitting when it's in the middle of your property. I try to be a nice neighbor and not plaster posted signs all over ever ones back yard but my inner a-hole is about ready to light up the neighborhood with yellow and orange posted signs!
Screenshot_20191102-180122.thumb.png.fada7d4001abb5abc8981416e4a0d0c7.png

The hell are they doing? They aren’t even hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, grampy said:

Congratulations to all who got it done today!!!!

Except for a short break, spent all day in the woods hunting on two properties. And saw no deer!

Back at it again tomorrow. Can only get better!

Take heart, Dave!  Check out this forecast :

I'll probably need a cup of coffee around 1130 or so on Monday.

Screenshot_20191102-202722.png

4 hours ago, Belo said:

Not in a million years would I guess you’re a Sam Adams guy. A million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right, and I am not (I am a Genny guy).  We had a confirmation party for my daughter last weekend and my wife picked those up in case some of the beer snobs, from her side of the family, who were invited did not want Genny.   There were quite a few left and I got to get rid of them, to make room for more Genny in the beer fridge.  I got to admit they are pretty good, almost equal to Genny Octoberfest.

Rinella is right about the pepper on the "oysters".  I used plenty and they were very good.  I skipped the butter, which he recommends, and went with extra virgin olive oil instead, which I always use for my tenderloins .   The pepper is the key ingredient for sure.