LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Wasnt live from the woods but my truck.  My wifes friends celebration of life was today.  Well the 2yr old had enough after 3hrs and since i was 10mins from my lease figured lets go take a look into the meadow.  Pulling up i see a big buck entering the block of timber that buts up next to it.  Get to the meadow i see see a deer bedded.  Put binos on him yep the one 7 i wouldnt mind taking look past him and theres a massive doe bedded on the hedge row.  So they are there cant wait for my 4 day weekend coming up. Only problem when i got done talking to the owners of the property and left.  The farmer had 5 guys getting ready to push the block of timber that big buck went into.  Picture of the 7 and what i believe was the big buck.(just a guess have pics of 2 big 8s but he looked like the one in the pic).

Congrats to all this weekend.

20191025_121837.jpg

20191025_121657.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goosifer said:

Any action in 9A? I don't know where everybody hunts . . . .

My place is about 2 miles from the border in 9F.  Action was good yesterday but nada today.  Sat from 2:30 to dark and just seen a squirrel.  The vermin had my gut-pile completely cleaned up though, and I picked up the all the surveyors ribbon that marked my blood trail, except the first piece that was about where he stood when shot.  I could not find my "pass-thru" bolt and will have to send the kids back there in the spring to see if they have any luck.  Not easy to find in a 12" high hay field.   

• Like 1

Sat till dark in 3G. Only thing I saw were two trespassing millennials. If anyone has a good recipe for millennial backstrap, please send it on as they are hanging in the garage.

On the drive home, three does ambled slowly through the neighborhood onto a side street. Ahhh, suburbia.

Congrats to all on a wild weekend. Great seeing all the success.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours and 25 minutes in the woods today with only those 3 does seen this evening. First deer I have seen since opening weekend. It has been a frustrating archery season with only one day left that I can hunt before the regular season opens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driving back from Dick's Sporting Goods earlier this evening around 6 pm, I saw a small doe with a very small fawn trying to cross Klein Rd in Amherst. Given the darkness and the amount of traffic, it looked dicey. Officially my first deer siting of the season. I was really surprised at how small they were. I don't see how the fawn will survive the winter. 

Edited by goosifer

Love it when a plan comes together! 
Buck Down! A solid two year old for here. Passed on two smaller ones before this one came in to 10 feet from the ground. Shot taken at 20 yards. Will post story later in the harvest thread.
20191103_092428.thumb.jpg.dff8a55a7a0ec18b9b66571041b3db13.jpg20191103_083054.thumb.jpg.ffaf3532e69cf24706113761ec8e9a6f.jpg

Not one of the big boys - fair 3yr- but really exciting hunt.   Details later.   Good luck guys. 
B2DEB919-51E3-47CB-82F0-E2E484EB9D4F.thumb.png.f3ba695532e6216afde5ccee3980474d.png
A3C7F70B-AE52-428B-80B3-31729AE96F11.thumb.jpeg.3ed7ee17ad6f46db9e42f0b30aa0b2bb.jpeg

Not mine but my brother scored a five pointer here on Long Island. It’s an average buck for the area he was hunting. He asked me yesterday when to use the doe pee his kids gave him. I said now explained how to use a drag. He said it walked in right up to the drag rope. Good thing is him and his daughter only like the back straps the rest is mine. 
out of likes “congrats to all the successful and good luck to the rest”
BE9BEC1D-89FF-411B-B4A7-039682600F93.thumb.jpeg.d0b92eb7b9f2851c62048ff43b1fd01c.jpeg
B75BF61D-4770-4269-B56B-1D89068993FA.thumb.jpeg.f2c3a5e8fc96cee71c36b6cc2a595478.jpeg

Catching up on this thread for first time today. Congrats on the bucks Moog, Rach and Grampy! Hope I didn’t miss anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driving back from Dick's Sporting Goods earlier this evening around 6 pm, I saw a small doe with a very small fawn trying to cross Klein Rd in Amherst. Given the darkness and the amount of traffic, it looked dicey. Officially my first deer siting of the season. I was really surprised at how small they were. I don't see how the fawn will survive the winter. 

A friend sent me a pic of a giant over there, on Renaissance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, goosifer said:

Any action in 9A? I don't know where everybody hunts . . . .

I was out yesterday at my sisters property. The deer are almost non existent there this year I checked cams on way out and this was first buck on cam since Sept and fist doe in over 3 weeks. It's completely upside down from last 2 years. Good number of bucks and does then but this year they have vanished. Can't get excited to go hunt deer that aren't around.

pond 009.JPG

pond 029.JPG

• Sad 1

I'm off for 2 weeks now. The first couple weeks of season started out promising with a few sightings, but the last couple weeks have sucked! Seen 2 deer in my last 12 hunts, so it's getting REAL hard to get out of bed anymore. Even the cams aren't showing much activity. 

I wish I could say it beats going to work, but I do love my job... 

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 3