LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

frickin almost got the best buck on my lease this morn with the truck.  About 1/4 mile before lease he ran right out in front of me.  Hope to have an encounter in the woods hes a beauty in person.  And i am sure it was him as I have pics of him on every cam on the property.  We named him Blart - after the mall cop

In other news...... hooked two walleye this morn but only brought one to net.  Yes i was fishing before work.  lol 

Stota buck swamp stand .JPG

• Like 5

10 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Skunked again this afternoon, even though there was 4 new rubs right next to the stand.  Weird.  Maybe its a morning stand.

Also found out my uncle by marriage leased out my favorite spots, no warning.  Some days....  Looks like I'll be pulling 4 stands this weekend.

Dang, I make fake rubs with my tree sticks in obvious spots where other guys that hunt a property I do will see them, they set right up on them last crossbow season lol.

• Like 1

You ever walk out the door and get that smell that says today is a going to be a great day to hunt? That’s the way I felt this morning heading to the polls to vote.
Good luck everyone!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually when I’m on my way to work!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

i hedged my bet that it was going to rain more this morning than afternoon so stayed in and hope to slip out later. Best laid plans.........

x2...was raining pretty hard here at 0400 when I got up. Slowed down to a sprinkle now and weather calling for no rain after 11. So, planning to head out by 10ish.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JALA RUT said:

x2...was raining pretty hard here at 0400 when I got up. Slowed down to a sprinkle now and weather calling for no rain after 11. So, planning to head out by 10ish.

Unfortunately I have to work even though I have a lot of flexibility so I'm hoping to be out by 2-2:30 so I can get 2 hours on stand.

There is a spot I think I can get on the ground and catch the corner of that swamp I saw a couple the other day. My lazy ass would prefer to still hunt in than carry a climber!!

Edited by Fletch

14 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Unfortunately I have to work even though I have a lot of flexibility so I'm hoping to be out by 2-2:30 so I can get 2 hours on stand.

I'm back to work tomorrow then off work for the last 3 days of bow and the first 4 days of gun. Good luck this afternoon!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Because a Fn gun is different    And where does it say kids ? They were used to deer hunting. Young to bowhunting doesn’t mean kids. 

guns are worse. I spent most of my life with slugs. they don't bleed worth a sh!t.

15 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm not against filling 2 tags , I guess my only concern would be if the new to archery hunters know the signs of a good archery hit before deciding to double up . 

totally agree. I'm should clarify that I'm not really condoning it. There are many other variables at play. Does this hunter have a family and need the meat being one. I just felt like the reaction to it was a bit strong.

good luck to those out there today. it's raining and cold but not heavy rain in 8F. I can't believe I'm saying this but after grinding 5 of the last 6 days I was happy for another 2 hours of sleep and to be in the office catching up on work. It'll be just enough break to get me amped again come thursday. 

• Like 1

So about 50 yards into my 1.5 mile walk to my stand I see eyes 40 yards ahead of me. He takes 3 steps towards me and I see a giant rack. Mind you it's about 5:15am, pitch black. But he's locked on to my headlamp. We both just kinda freeze there for 5 minutes and he slowly starts walking away. Didn't really know what to do because it was still over an hour until shooting light. He walks into the cut corn field but it's too dark to see so I just waited there for almost an hour til light. I walk another 50 yards towards my stand and there he is, 300 yards away on the other side of the field. No way I can put a stalk on him in an empty corn field. He starts walking the wood line and I know he's got about 80 yards til he's perfectly down wind from me. I start spraying myself with doe urine but it didn't help. Took a couple sniffs and bolted. Was really exciting though

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

. . . I start spraying myself with doe urine . . . .

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Better than your own urine, I suppose.

But seriously, is that really a good idea? Could that be dangerous during the rut? [I'm asking to the forum, not OP. I am not trying to make a point, as I honestly don't know the right answer.]

5 minutes ago, goosifer said:

But seriously, is that really a good idea? Could that be dangerous during the rut? [I'm asking to the forum, not OP. I am not trying to make a point, as I honestly don't know the right answer.]

I'd go with the doe urine, I may get lucky one way or the other!!

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Not a good idea. Only because of the reaction you got.  It unnatural to the deer to all of the sudden smell a huge cloud of doe urine I would think.