LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Ha stare off with a nice 2.5 8 at 26 yards on the ground broadside. Chasing a doe. She stayed in brush of course. Another small buck out a ways spike I think Then a big 8 just walked up 15 yards behind me lol fml no buck tag.

Exciting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, GreenDrake said:

Shore casting or out in a boat? May head up tomorrow night for a few casts. Hoping it is still not chocolate milk.

Been shore casting. After all that rain this morn was the first time back out in a week. Looks like a west wind for tomorrow so should be a good bite.  Canal has been packed at night right after sundown.  I've been going at like 4am before hunting.   Stickbaits, xraps, have been hot.  Water should be in better shape by then we didn't get too much rain today.  Might try this early morn before hunting. 

Sucks on losing the land. Lots of those solar farms going in all over.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Well,I did get the matthews wet,only a little,the rain stopped. I went for a stillhunt and didn't even spook a deer. I found more scrapes and rubs,but who knows where the creators of those are hiding,or the does for that matter. I have been in the right spot at rhe wrong time many times now. 

Putting my time in,i hope it pays off. I also hope my cold weather gear is gonna keep me warm on Friday. I will be out in the snow tracking me a deer. It is going to be an awesome weekend,you guys think last weekend was good,but wait for this one!!!

• Like 1

Had a doe coming in as it was getting dark and thought for sure a buck would be with her but I was wrong. Then had some deer come out of the neighbor's corn and into my woods as I was packing up but it was too dark to see what they were.

Did short sit on a piece of state land in 8n saw a small buck go into the thicket in front of me. Ten minutes later came back at 15 and he got a pass. I saw another deer in the same thicket , but couldn’t tell if it was a buck. The two deer I saw where on the move and nose to the ground. Very thankful to the farmer , who gave permission access the piece of state land from his land because it’s a brutal up hill climb from the parking area. Tomorrow morning going into a piece of private land in 8H. Good luck all .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Been shore casting. After all that rain this morn was the first time back out in a week. Looks like a west wind for tomorrow so should be a good bite.  Canal has been packed at night right after sundown.  I've been going at like 4am before hunting.   Stickbaits, xraps, have been hot.  Water should be in better shape by then we didn't get too much rain today.  Might try this early morn before hunting. 

Sucks on losing the land. Lots of those solar farms going in all over.  

I usually wade out off the canal but its a real mess now. Its hard dodging the idiots out there. They crawl right on top of you as soon as you catch one. Was almost a brawl last week on the canal. Im going to start hitting the northeast part of the lake. We try to get up there 3 times a week if we can manage. 

2 hours ago, GreenDrake said:

I am living vicariously through all of you this season. After 30 years and promises that I was to own the property I hunt and have spent thousands of dollars working and improving, my uncle decides he wants to put a solar farm on the property I hunt in the NZ. This came a week before the season started and after the neighbors accepted a cash offer on their house which we were going to make a summer home/hunting camp. Needless to say, in utter disgust and heartbreak, I dismantled and removed 6 box blinds, 4 hang ons, 13 cameras and everything else I have accumulated on the property over 30 years. Not to mention 25 years of "free legal" work on the premise that he would take care of me when it was time to make the exchange. Have to love family!!!!!!

Sucks! I totally get the "family" thing! ! Where abouts are you located if you don't mind me asking?