LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

It's official I'm changing my name here, seems like when the bucks zig I zag and vice versa. I'm tired of it!! Cloths are in the wash again and I'm trying to get the funk off me. I'm off the 6 days and have a crossbow for most of those hunts. I'll be spending more time behind the house than down at the land, at least that's the plan. Action has been almost non existent the last couple hunts so hopefully I can find a hot doe!

• Confused 1

Decided to bring out my doe-hoe to see if she could work her magic and help bring me in a buck. Huh... Never thought of myself as the pimp type!

If nothing else, she reminds me what a deer is suppose to look like anyways!

695e4812365226b9dedf494f92e12077.jpg&key=710ce74996ff2e3d85d2afce01919a161e2272cee6a4c451356f2c75c267d027

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Doe hoes is what we used to call all the baking and pastry students when I went to culinary school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

Doe hoes is what we used to call all the baking and pastry students when I went to culinary school

CHEF  !!  I am surprised at your disrespect for women...

The proper term is DOUGH- Hoes....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Laid in bed looking at the clock thinking the alarm (on my phone) should be going off soon. It never went off. No big deal, I'm awake anyways. I get up, shower, get dressed, get the coffee going, look at the clock in the kitchen and realize I never turned back the time on the clock in the bedroom (since we use our alarm on our phones)!! Damn it!! Up an hour earlier than I needed to be!! UGH....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Laid in bed looking at the clock thinking the alarm (on my phone) should be going off soon. It never went off. No big deal, I'm awake anyways. I get up, shower, get dressed, get the coffee going, look at the clock in the kitchen and realize I never turned back the time on the clock in the bedroom (since we use our alarm on our phones)!! Damn it!! Up an hour earlier than I needed to be!! UGH....

Gives ya plenty o time to suck down some coffee and make sure ya dont have a "code brown" while in the stand.good luck!!!!

going to try for tomorrow off and hunt the next 4 days

• Like 1

Up tree set up at 5:45 it’s chilly 35 and breezy

Wanted to get back where I had all the action last night but it’s a loud bitch getting in there in the dark and wind is off. Ima try for a half day tomorrow and get in there proper for afternoon sit

I haven’t sat this stand since the wind I got some trail to clean on way out!

Tried to get out of work yesterday in time to go hunt the last 2 hours, didn't work out. By the time I got home I would have only a half hour in the stand, so I stayed home and moved firewood up to the porch for the season. Going to need that wood real soon from the sounds of the weather forecast. Friday is stating to look like a sick day and Monday is a holiday. I need a 4 day weekend!

Edited by 2012_taco
added text.
  • Like 2

Checked a couple cams on my way in. Just a lone doe passed by in the last few days. Seems like both local properties I hunt have dried up in the past month! Cam activity was great from Sept. 1 - Oct. 10. The first 10 days of season looked very promising, but then took a nose dive! With so few deer around, I won't even consider shooting a doe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nothing again at Watershed in 3S. Everyone I've spoken to has said "Watershed, man you can go wrong". I dunno it seems at little over hunted... 

Which piece are you hunting? I’ve heard good things about angle fly in somers, but I’ve never walked it

I've been over at Big Peninsula in Armonk. I've no joke seen 3 stands within 200 yards of each other. I'm probably going to have to head further up. 

It’s crowded there you want to go as far out as you can

• Like 1