LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

NONE OF THAT EXPLAINS THAT HOLE IN THE ANTLER!! Clearly a .22 down through the antler canal and into his brain. We’ve all seen it 1000 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When I shoot a deer I am gonna cut the legs off and have one sticking out of each end for everyone to wonder about. 

And I will put a hat on it. Lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

NONE OF THAT EXPLAINS THAT HOLE IN THE ANTLER!! Clearly a .22 down through the antler canal and into his brain. We’ve all seen it 1000 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AND that suspicious looking rope around it's neck leads me to believe he had the buck tied up before he shot it!!  EXPLAIN THAT ONE MR. @Robhuntandfish  ?!?!?! B)

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Lol good grief.  

No conspiracy theories guys.  Occums razer. 

Crossbow behind the house.  10 ringed him. Flipped over as best a 70 year old can into cart, cut leg tendons to fit in wagon.  Hope this solves all your questions.  

i was just kidding

I have seen bucks cruising and chasing night and day since Friday on cam and on watch. I am off after noon tomorrow through Tuesday morning. I bet I see a bunch of bucks as I have no tag lol!!

This has been the solidest rut I have seen in years. Started Friday with a big front and drop in temps and stayed cold for days.

Get out now, call off sick, drop the kids off with relatives, put some extra food in the dogs dish and hit the woods!!

• Like 6

I am out in 1C after a 9 day trip to CO to chase mulies, DIY on public. Will do a quick write up for those interested in out of state hunting thread. Bottom line...I missed 2 separate deer and my buddy got a nice 4x 4.

Congrats to those who got one in the last 10 days. Browsing this thread I see some really nice bucks were taken.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I had a very exciting morning. Probably my best hunt in a very long time as far as quality and quantity. I had several opportunities and find let an arrow fly. Early this morning I let a 9 walk by at 16 yards. My initial thought was to let him walk. Not long after, he decided to walk past all 4 of my cell cams on the property. After he left there were 3 different 8’s and another 9. Took some videos and let them walk. At about 12, a buck came charging out of the bedding chasing a doe right under my stand. Just got a quick look and noticed some nice brows and kickers. Turns out he was the same buck I passed on early and he’s an 11.  Stopped him with a mouth bleat for an 8 yard quartering away shot. Hit him high and back and it came out low forward. Clean pass through and he only went 40 yards. He stopped and looked around for about 2 seconds, and tipped right over. He’s not the biggest buck there, but I’m happy with him. I still have another buck tag so I’m planning on being back in there on Friday morning. 

32870008-7082-41B7-BD84-CFCCF1FD8C9A.jpeg

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 39

1 minute ago, NonTypical said:

I had a very exciting morning. Probably my best hunt in a very long time as far as quality and quantity. I had several opportunities and find let an arrow fly. Early this morning I let a 9 walk by at 16 yards. My initial thought was to let him walk. Not long after, he decided to walk past all 4 of my cell cams on the property. After he left there were 3 different 8’s and another 9. Took some videos and let them walk. At about 12, a buck came charging out of the bedding chasing a doe right under my stand. Just got a quick look and noticed some nice brows and kickers. Turns out he was the same buck I passed on early and he’s an 11.  Stopped him with a mouth bleat for an 8 yard quartering away shot. Hit him high and back and it came out low forward. Clean pass through and he only went 40 yards. He stopped and looked around for about 2 seconds, and tipped right over. He’s not the biggest buck there, but I’m happy with him. He Still have another buck tag so I’m planning on being back in there on Friday morning. 

32870008-7082-41B7-BD84-CFCCF1FD8C9A.jpeg

Sounds like a crazy day. Westchester or Long Island? I noticed the 2 buck comment, so it's gotta be 1 of those units.

Interesting how different rut activity is from area to area. I checked 5 cams today that have been out for 6 days. A few does and fawns together, but the only buck was a spike, just pounding acorns! My cams were hot in these same areas with frequent shooter buck pics. It's been DAF around here since ~Oct 10th. No bucks out in the fields or hit along the road like many are reporting in their areas. Last fall, I didn't see bucks showing any interest in does until opening day of gun season. Maybe we just have late bloomers around here...? I dunno....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Had 2 doe fawns downwind at 35 yards for the longest while. They seemed intrigued by the combo of my smell and ever calm. Just had a small 8 cruise by out of range. Showed no interest in my grunts. Nice to see deer up and about.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1