LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Went for a walk and still hunt at 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.  Saw two bucks, and captured a bit of video of them both.  Quicktime won't upload, though... 

One was a 1.5 yr old 4 pointer with a funky right antler, and the other a typical 6, which I think was 2.5 yr old.

They're definitely up and moving here in 4L during daylight.

The 6 made me and blew out of there.  It started pouring around then, and I headed in not long after.  Ain't tracking blood in this...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Buddy gave me the advice:. Hunt the doe beds in the morning, doe feeding areas in the afternoon.

Guess I'll be in the stand I watched 6 doe bed down in last weekend first thing tomorrow.

Good advice.   Beds morning, funnels/cruising midday and food evening is often recommended.    

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bigbuckdown2019 said:

Where to go?? I sometimes have the hardest time picking a spot, I'm torn between food plot tucked around bedding or a ridge / oak stand also near bedding.

Green field edge if you have it. They’re pounding green stuff. Will be gone soon.

Its been a blast getting up to speed whitetail hunting after living in the Colorado mountains my adult life and chasing elk...  My biggest question is just how many trillion acorns can these little guys vacuum up?  And yes, elk are wary but nothing like a whitetail doe that knows its hunting season.

• Like 4