LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

3 sets of eyes in the goldenrod on the way in, fresh sign, no goddamned deer.  If this wind gets any meaner I'm gonna move to my high wind travel route stand.  I'm on the south face in an oak flat I saw them bed in last weekend.  Wind is cut by some pines up top, no reason they shouldn't be in here!

I’m very concerned with the hit on made on him, came from wrong side of blind chasing a doe, had to rip the window down, put it right on him and touched it off at 25 but I think it’s high. Good news rage broadhead and good snow to track on. Bad news is there wasn’t much blood. 

5 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

I’m very concerned with the hit on made on him, came from wrong side of blind chasing a doe, had to rip the window down, put it right on him and touched it off at 25 but I think it’s high. Good news rage broadhead and good snow to track on. Bad news is there wasn’t much blood. 

@Hock3y24, a high hit can and usually does bleed very little. The blood can end up pooling in the thoracic cavity. I think you're doing right by waiting a little while. It's cool enough you should have no spoilage and hopefully you can find him before night fall. Best of luck.

• Like 3