LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Sat in new stand I moved. Nothing . Heard one bleat 5 times in the brush about 100 yards. Never heard that before. Sat til after 10. Going back out soon. 

Have a branch I have to cut that is in the way this pm.  Tried using the force but no luck. Lol. Guess I have to carry in the cutter 

Congrats to all the folks that dropped one today !!! 

I can't even get a scraggly doe to wander thru

IMG_20191108_071851277.jpg

We found a total of two drops of blood, watched him stand up from his bed, the hit is above the spine. Unfortunate but at least he’s alive and well for now.

Well alive but not all that well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Ugg, Live from the office, I just got notified I have a DEC inspection Wednesday. Planned on hunting Wednesday Thursday and Friday before gun season. Looks like Thursday and Friday will have to do....

Geez, nice they give you notice! I had the EPA and DEC show up one morning for an inspection 3-4 weeks ago... Oh Hello!!

Sometimes I wonder lol I sat 4+ hours this morn and the last two weeks trying to get a doe. I get home and go out back to grab cam cards. Ease out and back just as I get over the ridge and cut over towards lawn I see a deer down in gully off side of lawn so I lean against a tree. Small fawn then a doe and they head towards me and walk by at 30 yards. I had the scope right on moma stopped broadside and let her walk. They were headed right to the plot by the tower the kids sit in and I want one of them to get her lol.

Now I go sit another bunch hours on state looking for a doe lol

Snh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Stuck the 7 this morning.:umbrage:white hair at hit spot,couple drops of blood and no arrow.ran hard 80 yrds then stood there for 5 mins then slowly walked off.backed out for 3 hrs.where he stood was a decent pile of blood with bubbles.found the arrow broken in 2 pcs.bloody bed and blood every 40 yards or so against branches and such.hit another property line so had to back out.just got permission to go on that property,pending one more just incase.

weird with white hair and bubbly blood????????

Eating early Thanksgiving with sis and her family then heading back out.marked last blood

2 hours ago, goosifer said:

Tapping out in 9A. Took the long walk back to the truck. Saw a few trails and hoofprints, but did not identify any scrapes or rubs. Odd year up year it seems. That the crop field next to me was fallow this year may have a bigger impact than I realized.

I was out for the first (2) hours, about 2 mi to the south in 9F.   I only saw one deer this morning at 6:52 am.  It was an adult for sure, and I am guessing that it was a 1.5 year buck, probably the same 3-pointer that I saw last Saturday.  He was half-way back to our house and I was way out back in my two-story blind.     It looked like he had freshened up the scrape next to my blind, sometime during the night.   He was about 200 yards away when I saw him, way too far to make out the tiny rack.

I am about half way thru cutting up the 8-point from Saturday right now, and just finished up about 1/4 of it's liver for lunch.  After aging a week in the fridge, it is pretty good and not as rubbery as I remember those from older deer, eaten fresh, in the past.   After hearing "pygmy" talk about liver from older deer (I am about 90 % sure this one was 2.5 yr old), I had to give it a try.   Those from fawns are good fresh, and melt in your mouth, but only make about one meal.   

Hopefully, I can finish butchering and grinding (backstraps are already in the freezer) in time to catch the last couple hours of daylight.  Where are the does ? There ought to be does.   I have (5) tags for them and have yet to see one for sure.  As far as crops go, I planted several aces of wheat/soybean/white clover mix and have a couple decent turnip plots, which seem to be getting some action right now based on tracks, but no corn this year.          

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1