LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

14 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Had fawn watch me put up stand and jumped a monster doe in a spot ive never seen them bed on the way to put that stand up.   I need to get bibs or something its sad when feet and hands stay warm but my legs and chest froze.  I dont get cold easily but that wind killed me this am.  Congrats to those that punched a tag ill be back out in am.

That is backwards @Swamp_bucks. Get yourself some smartwool longjohns and a thermal shirt,that should be your first layer..Wicks moisture and keeps you warm. It is always my toes and hands that get cold first.

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

And for those of you wondering, here’s the Mr. Buddy for the ground blind. Little propane tank on high gets you about three hours. I’m using a baranette pop up blind. I can’t strip down but I’ll say that I was comfortable a couple weeks ago with just a jacket and base layer.

59318103691__DE53C302-61DC-4AA8-9279-DA91BF521FFB.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend used one last year and swears by it.  I was trying to figure a way today while shivering to attach one to my treestand.  Lol

Really beginning to think I’m no good at this. 
Sat on ground blind fur about 40 minutes until I started to lose my mind so I got up and still hunted for an hour. Nothing. 

I could be screwing things up by walking all over my property but I just don’t have the temperament to sit and wait. 

The first person that says, “patience” is dead to me. 

My friend used one last year and swears by it.  I was trying to figure a way today while shivering to attach one to my treestand.  Lol

You could mount it on a bow hanger pointing directly at you. At that point though you’re better off with the heated jacket or vest.

1 minute ago, BowmanMike said:

That is backwards @Swamp_bucks. Get yourself some smartwool longjohns and a thermal shirt,that should be your first layer..Wicks moisture and keeps you warm. It is always my toes and hands that get cold first.

It was weird i tend to stay warm.  I have decent base layers but my pants have seen better days so im buying bibs tonight and the jacket thats supposed to be a wind breaker was not. 

1 minute ago, SDS said:

You could mount it on a bow hanger pointing directly at you. At that point though you’re better off with the heated jacket or vest.

I agree the vest has me interested.  My friend usually ground hunts he sticks it under his chair and puts a blanket on his lap and he says it traps the heat good and keeps him warm.

5 minutes ago, left field said:

Really beginning to think I’m no good at this. 
Sat on ground blind fur about 40 minutes until I started to lose my mind so I got up and still hunted for an hour. Nothing. 

I could be screwing things up by walking all over my property but I just don’t have the temperament to sit and wait. 

The first person that says, “patience” is dead to me. 

I hear you.  I still hunted the Adirondacks last weekend and covered about 20 miles.  Now coming back to western NY I have tried to sit with my bow twice this week.  I can't sit there for more than an hour.  I just want to get up and move around.  Need to get back to the ADK!

I agree the vest has me interested.  My friend usually ground hunts he sticks it under his chair and puts a blanket on his lap and he says it traps the heat good and keeps him warm.

That’s a great idea!

Im really hoping the vest works as well as everyone says it does.

6 minutes ago, bartman9 said:

I hear you.  I still hunted the Adirondacks last weekend and covered about 20 miles.  Now coming back to western NY I have tried to sit with my bow twice this week.  I can't sit there for more than an hour.  I just want to get up and move around.  Need to get back to the ADK!

Bonefishing in Belize is looking pretty good right now.