LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Finally it’s Saturday. The only day I really get to get out. Coffee, the throne, shower and off to the woods. Feels very deery here in 1C this morning. 26 deg calm wind clear sky. I have a good feeling about this one.
Good luck to all getting out. Hope you can stay warm. Hope I can stay warm lol
I think this forum is gonna blow up better than last week today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Low 20's, some snow on the ground. Deer should be moving  Advantage hunter.

Walking in on very crunchy leaves to the stand, calm winds so deer can hear that for a 1/4 mile in all directions:  Advantage deer.

An hour later when things settle down, can hear the deer a comin'!:  Advantage hunter  ( I love that sound)

Two hours later when said 20 F temps start to chill to the bone if not dressed to the hill:  Advantage deer.

The rut is on:  Advantage hunter.

Congrats to all who scored and can sit by the wood fire today and good luck to all heading out there in the deer woods.

• Like 5

It's November 9th! Don't need anymore motivation than that to get up and out!! Just finished breakfast and having coffee. In the teens for the temp. Will head back to the oak ridge where I shot my buck last weekend. Looking for a big fat doe with my bow. I know an elderly couple that could use some meat in their freezer this winter. And my partner and I will make sure it gets filled.

Best of luck to all heading out! Today and tomorrow will be among the best deer hunting days of the year! Enjoy em! And have fun out there!

• Like 4

Finally it’s Saturday. The only day I really get to get out. Coffee, the throne, shower and off to the woods. Feels very deery here in 1C this morning. 26 deg calm wind clear sky. I have a good feeling about this one.
Good luck to all getting out. Hope you can stay warm. Hope I can stay warm lol
I think this forum is gonna blow up better than last week today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1C is that mid town manhattan?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

It's November 9th! Don't need anymore motivation than that to get up and out!! Just finished breakfast and having coffee. In the teens for the temp. Will head back to the oak ridge where I shot my buck last weekend. Looking for a big fat doe with my bow. I know an elderly couple that could use some meat in their freezer this winter. And my partner and I will make sure it gets filled.
Best of luck to all heading out! Today and tomorrow will be among the best deer hunting days of the year! Enjoy em! And have fun out there!

11/9 has some
Mojo for me, LETS GO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 5

15 min out from hunting spot car in front of me almost hit a deer. 10 min out I slam brakes to avoid hitting one and five min out a large buck runs out, its life only spared by around five seconds. Never seen this sort of deer crossing activity.

After several seasons in this spot I have identified yesterday what I believe to be the best tree on the property and will be in that shortly. It’s at a natural funnel of trees around 60 yards wide through which the. K of all deer travel.

• Like 1

Live from the recliner.  Up and animals fed, wood stove crackling, coffee made.  No deer hunting for adults in Vermont today.  I did just watch a big one-horned spike run around in all kinds of directions, then head out across the hay field out front.  He was on the move, nose to the ground.  20 degrees even here.  I may head over to the farm to check cams and Posters, and to look at the deer tracks in the snow.  One more week!