LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Gonna play the wind and hunt on the ground tomorrow am.. bringing a blind chair out with the xbow to sit behind some down limbs.

I know where they're bedding and unfortunately my stands are not on their routes this year!! Had my target buck at 75 yds yesterday he literally walked under the tree my deepest stand was in last year lol.... That's hunting

• Like 1

Great all day sit. Probably a record for deer seen for me, all but one were does. Lone buck chasing a doe way too fast for a shot attempt. Does got passes all day. Shortly before 4pm, group of does woke up and started to.make their way towards me. I reached into my pocket for another pass, but my doe tag came out instead. Went 20 yards and piled up. e1f22e99ed1ad8529247f232258ccff4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 25

3 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Come on no ones up to hunt?

I’m 15 min away from heading out the door for my last Bow hunt of the year. Hoping to sit dark to dark for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ready to head out!!  Should be a fun day! It's the "Magic Day" of Nov 10th!!!! Most years on this day, I'll see something to remember!

Hopefully a big fat doe will come to me today! Not quite as cold as yesterday morning.

Best of luck to all heading out! 

• Like 5

I sat dark to dark yesterday ended up seeing 3 small buck and 8 doe. 2 really big sized doe trotted in to my 20 yard shooting lane at 8am but never stopped for a shot just after 4 I took a small doe.

My first deer with the crossbow.

• Like 7

Just got back into town this weekend.  Sat in my “under-ground blind” last evening and in my “nest stand” this morning...still waiting for a deer to come by.  I hunted the Massena area last week and saw more deer in a single sit then I typically do all season at my house...unfortunately they (at least the close ones) were all doe...no doe tags.  I had several come within 10-15 yards (I was hunting on the ground).  On a side note, I trapped several coyotes, fisher, and a bobcat.  Good luck!

8BA42E7E-617E-4940-B8BD-ACF3B9771FA4.jpeg

79041FAB-95D1-46C5-AE23-94506A5205D8.jpeg

CFC538E4-3B27-421A-AF10-AF24EA20F6FC.jpeg

25C6C596-20DA-4112-9F1F-05CCB8950753.jpeg

BAC31677-7776-4FFA-B421-3960A5D5AEBA.jpeg

• Like 20