LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

5 hours ago, grampy said:

I'm ready to head out!!  Should be a fun day! It's the "Magic Day" of Nov 10th!!!! Most years on this day, I'll see something to remember!

Hopefully a big fat doe will come to me today! Not quite as cold as yesterday morning.

Best of luck to all heading out! 

Funny, this day last year I single lunged a decent 8, tracked for 2 miles, and when he got up from his bed he'd stopped bleeding.  Still think with a dog we'd have found that deer.  I shouldn't have bumped him.

Just checked the camera. Daytime buck movement is up a bit but still nothing great. Some evening movement in the as well.

I’m currently tree surfing pretty well. I’ll probably climb down around noon and tuck myself around some down trees to have lunch and get out of the wind for just a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went out last night saw 3 does ,my older boy saw 7 deer small buck and some does. My younger boy is in the stand above house looking for a
Buck. Fortunately two in freezer so does get a pass. While driving around running errands I saw many deer on the move. No bucks seen but does seem to be moving. Good luck all IMHO November 10,11,12 are always productive.

Four flatheads came by at 730. I didn’t have the best shot but managed to whistle one to stop. The lane was clear through the scope so I let one fly. Swing and a miss... that was it for the morning. 

Sooooooo many shots out here. More shots than opening morning of gun last year. 

• Sad 1

Another buck cruised through, this one a small buck about 70 yds out...hated cutting today short for this BD party today. Down from tree at 12:00 but saw 2 doe, 3 bucks, and 2 coyotes on the day. Good luck to all still out. Work Monday & Tuesday, then off for 7 days...I can't wait.

I never gave much thought on how much the moon phases affected deer movement until I saw it first hand out in West Texas 4 weeks ago. About 3-4 days before and after the full moon , you could not find an animal to save your life in the dawn hours to mid morning.I would always see mule deer does, javelinas, black buck and Aoudad sheep at the feeders. During this moon phase you saw nothing ,I mean not an animal until  about 10-11 am. Then there would be a lull until about 4-5 pm. , then unbelievable movement into dark. I don’t take the time on the tables , literally but in general,  deer movement is in blocks of 4-5 hrs alternating between bedding and feeding. 
Now I if feed is abundant, movement would be suppressed due to not having to travel far for food.

The rut or chasing phase puts a spin on this , but when the doe bed , buck movement will slow. 
Didn’t mean to ramble ,but getting into another lull period. and killing time.

• Like 3

I should be out hunting today but I finally had it all come together today with a tractor to use and enough time to get something done with this blind I've had for over a year. Me and a buddy got it up in the air this morning. It still needs some work and I'm a little short on lumber but I'm hoping to get it done tomorrow. I now have two of these, one set up for east winds and one for west winds.

KIMG1802.JPG

• Like 6

Got out today at our property in 4C to freshen up the ground blinds for next weekend gun opener. Both blinds sit on top of ridges looking over draws that come out of overgrown fields on the neighbor's property. 5d3b8a0f04966f65ee6232b87e09528d.jpg3bcd4902c4a36970bce0b1373fef929f.jpg3cb1a293f3ff044982eb0ff45723b3d0.jpg125486a1e4e92117ecbc4b5d8ed585da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Edited by MPHunter
  • Like 2