LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Lots of shooting going on around here today as well.

I can’t believe the lack of deer I’m seeing today. Hoping for at least a doe before dark to show up. Good buddy of mine just got laid off and I’d like to get a whole deer processed for him so his family has some good meat to eat while money gets tight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

Had a beauty show up a few nights ago ~75 yards from my stand, about 30 min after dark. Hoping he'll make a mistake one of these days. Gonna concentrate on this stand for the next couple of weeks.cd26c183a78eb89f4bc7819f3a3d4b6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He's a dandy .....don't burn out the stand! Soon you'll be able to reach out a bit farther. Good Luck

44 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Dont bash the folks sighting in their guns i have to send a few bullets through my ML for gun season to make sure it is on at 100 yds. I don't shoot at all during the year. I will probably do it on Thursday,better late than never!!

That's better than going out with a gun you haven't checked. I just wish they did it at mid day instead of 4pm. But they probably needed to let off some steam after watching the Bill's lose again!!!

Go Pats!!!

• Like 1

Interesting evening sit saw tons of immature deer and not a single adult, all in the last 30 min had 2 buttons and a spike come in, the spike worked a scrape and pushed the buttons around, then a doe fawn came in at last legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out for a PM sit without phone. Same story as yesterday, lots of does moving but no bucks. Last doe group walked by and I filled DMP. Back was aching from yesterday's drag so I butchered and quartered her in the field. Heart shot. She took off running and was stone dead after 10 yards.

Freezer will be filled with two does. Butcher them this week and then back at it to see if I can get a buck to slip up. a4513c0eb8993cc523ce74efdee1851f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 17

Quick story. Including today I have 50 hours in a tree stand. He came by at 4pm from the south working his way north up a logging road. He actually went behind my trail camera 3 yards away that's how close he got at one time. I had to wait until he got to 19 yards for a clear shot. I gave him a soft "meeep" to stop him and let the arrow fly! Impact looked great and he went down within 100 yards! I couldn't be happier right now it’s my first archery kill and for it to happen on my last day, in the last hour is just amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 20

I really needed a day to reset, so I slept in this morning. Took meds as I was so use to getting up at 4am EVERY day! Slept in and got my hunting things together for gun season. 

Went out to a spot this afternoon that I haven't hunted much, as I didn't think it would be very promising this year. As of last week, it was pretty dead. I ended up seeing a big buck at 3:30 at 66 yards but the wind shifted and he got a wiff and boogied out. At 4:00, I saw another deer that I suspect was a buck trotting across a distant cut soybean field. At 4:20, I had a small 8pt and 5pt 30 yards away that I decided to pass on. The best hunt of the season for me!

The trailcam pics pretty much confirm my lack of rut activity I haven't seen ANY seeking or chasing yet!! Does are still with fawns, no bucks trailing does or showing any interest in does, a couple big bucks and a couple small bucks still hanging together, and little daytime activity. In addition, the 3 bucks that I saw tonight didn't show any interest in my doe decoy! They looked her over, but just wandered off!! 

• Like 3