LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Have you started to believe your own hype Biz?  LOL

While my prediction of Chef’s 2018 buck down to the exact minute was the highlight of my fortune telling career, I think I’ll go 1 for 2 out of Tim and Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Hey, if that works for you Rob.  You have been putting your time in.  It will happen eventually regardless of the Biz prediction.

thanks Moog !!  Im actually grasping at straws if im relying on a prediction but will take the Karma. Lol (dont tell Biz!)  

I def have put some time in. Trail cams are starting to just piss me off now.  I can sit in a spot one afternoon and see nothing - next afternoon deer on cam.  etc.  Didnt drop one last year til the 12th but geeze shouldve had a doe in freezer by now at least. Will keep at it, thanks for the good thoughts! 

I took this morning off to sit one last time. morning 4 in a row and despite getting to bed at a decent time and sleeping well, i just couldn't do it. It wasn't laziness, it's just that I didn't have the motivation. I've had a good last week for sightings, but this is supposed to be enjoyable and felt too much like work. I'm at peace with my decision and hope for a better gun season for the freezer.

• Like 2

Live from my office. Saw one of my shooters this weekend at 75 yds not interested in any calls or rattling in my area. He was pretty much like a zombie and acted deaf not responding to anything i did.. Walked right into bedding. 

Another shooter buck is bedding near the road where i park.. There's a thicket between houses and i noticed I'm getting him on my cam right before and after I'm on stand. Well when i pulled up at 530am he was standing next to the road before ducking back in... So yes looks like he's been playing me all season!!

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

thanks Moog !!  Im actually grasping at straws if im relying on a prediction but will take the Karma. Lol (dont tell Biz!)  

I def have put some time in. Trail cams are starting to just piss me off now.  I can sit in a spot one afternoon and see nothing - next afternoon deer on cam.  etc.  Didnt drop one last year til the 12th but geeze shouldve had a doe in freezer by now at least. Will keep at it, thanks for the good thoughts! 

I feel your pain, it is a bit frustrating. My son and  I have been out and we’re seeing deer but nothing in bow range. Pull the cam cards and dang should have been in that stand. I will say I’ve learned a ton about how the deer are using this new lease.
Between what we’re seeing and what the cameras are picking up, were going to make some changes and additions for next year. Next season will be our   3rd season, so 3rd times a charm I hope. And we still have rifle yet. Maybe not as satisfying as s bow kill but I’ll take it..  

Just had a shooter at 60 wouldn’t respond to grunts, tried rattling after he went out of sight, no luck

My brothers buck last night wouldn’t respond till anything until he snort wheezed. I have had pretty poor reactions outa grunts lately to tell truth. I think a lot bucks hear too much of it.

I took this morning off to sit one last time. morning 4 in a row and despite getting to bed at a decent time and sleeping well, i just couldn't do it. It wasn't laziness, it's just that I didn't have the motivation. I've had a good last week for sightings, but this is supposed to be enjoyable and felt too much like work. I'm at peace with my decision and hope for a better gun season for the freezer.

I hear ya it’s a balance. You don’t go out and your like dang what am I missing and the season is only so long lol. Ya gotta throw in a few rest up days. I’m doing same this morn. Otherwise ya just get burnt. Like ya said it should be fun not a chore.