LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Back in a different 3S property as my hunting partner went were we were last night - he had an 8 at 10 yards but didn’t love the shot so let it walk- hope he is rewarded with another opportunity.

I set up beyond these ....

be64a1701b48a42aca8b8a2e56c0cb0e.jpg

pines to the left of me/fields to the right/and I’m ...stuck in the middle with.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Back in a different 3S property as my hunting partner went were we were last night - he had an 8 at 10 yards but didn’t love the shot so let it walk- hope he is rewarded with another opportunity.

I set up beyond these ....

be64a1701b48a42aca8b8a2e56c0cb0e.jpg

pines to the left of me/fields to the right/and I’m ...stuck in the middle with.....

Good luck. might be a nice night with bad weather coming tomorrow.

• Like 1

Finally got tracking snow, left home at 230 this morning got in the woods a little after 5 to hike into the mountain I wanted to hunt. Did a 7 mile loop and never found a track worth following but saw 6 deer 2 of them bucks that I let go. Got back to camp around 2:30 because I wanted to check a road out to a mountain I want to hunt in the morning. On the way driving down the road I cut a smoking fresh track of a good buck and a doe. Knowing I didn’t have a lot of time I took off after him on his track went a few hundred yards and come to a little knoll with a buck of beech whips and I could smell the buck, the wind was in my face so I backed up agains a tree and grunted a few times, about 2 or 3 minutes after grunting I heard something over my shoulder looked and a dandy buck was looking at me at 10yds. I swung on him but he was already going and didn’t want to take that shot this late in the day. Oh well it was a fun day gonna be snowing all day, hopefully we don’t get too much.

• Like 6