LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

28 minutes ago, Belo said:

I’d grid search. In hindsight I think you waited too long knowing the snow was coming (same applies to rain).

In different conditions waiting would have been fine. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the deer fell and died under a downed tree or in some sort of depression in the ground, 10 inches of snow could practically cover the deer where you'll need to step on it to find it.  I've had that happen to me once.  Snow fell so quick it covered up the deer in no time.

28 minutes ago, Chef said:

Taking a hour break for lunch and moving to a different stand that’s it

Hmmmmm........alright here goes:

BIZ PREDICTION: Chef sees a shooter buck, but given inclement weather I cannot predict whether he shoots or not.

• Haha 1

I screwed up my hand this morning trying to clear the chute on the snowblower, nothing broke but i can't move my thumb due to the swelling. I was planing on butchering my buck after work but now it looks like I'm not doing either. packed on ice(both the deer and my hand) hopefully I can do it tomorrow? 

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

I screwed up my hand this morning trying to clear the chute on the snowblower, nothing broke but i can't move my thumb due to the swelling. I was planing on butchering my buck after work but now it looks like I'm not doing either. packed on ice(both the deer and my hand) hopefully I can do it tomorrow? 

I know a guy who can help. His name is @Lawdwaz !!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bolt action said:

Forgot to mention in the original post. Before throwing in the towel last night, we did a grid search (probably 100 yards) in the general direction that it was moving. It was pretty thick in that area, and the snow was, at that point, laying down a pretty good blanket on the ground and trees, brush, etc. It was a catch-22 situation last night. If I wait it out, the deer would be less likely to be pushed, but the snow became a real factor. If I had gone in earlier, the snow would have been less of an issue, but we might've bumped the deer. I keep replaying it in my head. 

I would guess liver.. you must of got.quite a bit of snow I only.for 2 or 3 inches.. body lump would stick out and crows find dead things quickly 

9 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

They make sticks for that.. hands are too valuable....

• Like 3

BIZ PREDICTION: Chef sees a shooter buck, but given inclement weather I cannot predict whether he shoots or not.

Well chef saw a shooter buck, at about 60 yards, wouldn’t come in any closer, just got a text from the wife sons fever is back and since I’m away for work Thursday, Friday and opening day is Saturday it’s time for me to pack up and head home

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

Well chef saw a shooter buck, at about 60 yards, wouldn’t come in any closer, 

Biz you are amazing!! I bet you predicted I was going to say that lol :rofl:

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

Well chef saw a shooter buck, at about 60 yards, wouldn’t come in any closer, just got a text from the wife sons fever is back and since I’m away for work Thursday, Friday and opening day is Saturday it’s time for me to pack up and head home

Sorry to hear about your kid, but F Yeah on the shooter sighting! I knew something felt off about predicting the kill- i thought it was weather, but it was your son.

@moog5050 - I struck again!

19 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Still no word from DS. Headed back in. Wish me luck.

Good luck man.Bring or cut a good 5-6 foot walking/poking stick. It will help you poke mounds, logs, etc. and not have to kick or reach down for each.

Like someone above said a dead deer will still be a mound in the snow, hopefully.

Edited by Fletch