LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

The biz prediction should include Cabin Fever soon.  Hes been putting in some serious time and posting about not seeing much of anything. Luck has to change. Good luck everyone.  I am done until Saturday.

I'm 2 for 2 in the past 2 days. I can't just start guessing. I need to review all posts and get that gut feeling before making a prediction. Remember, we have Rob's 41st sit pending prediction later this week.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

NO IT DOESN'T.
[mention=762]Chef[/mention] Please confirm that my prediction was before your sighting?

His prediction was before my Sighting and he had no communication with me outside of this thread on the matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

you harvest the tendons and use them to make a longbow?? would love to see vid of this!

search on "sinew backed bows". The tendons on large game animals are dried, shredded and applied to the back of a wooden "self bow" using hide glue - pre-compound commercial bows used fiberglass. It's a very fun hobby and lots of books out there. Woods like osage orange, walnut etc. The trick is to shave the back down to one growth ring only. I used to guide in CO so had access to lots of elk tendons but can buy them online.

• Like 2

Back out...of course there were three sets of tracks in my tracks heading in after my morning hunt...hopefully they will be back!

(squirrelwhisperer, i always keep the sinew...back sinew for sewing/tying fletching and leg sinew for backing my bows...I’ll post a pict of my last backed bow later).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Well here is he folks! Only went about fifty yards from where my buddy shot him. An absolute hammer with 15 scorable points and grossing out at 173. I actually know this buck well and have his shed from last year which I found about a half mile from where he was shot. I’ve got a ton of trail cam pics of him last year too. He was about 140 and we passed him because we thought he was 3. Looking at him this year I’d say he’s five now so must have been four last year. But boy are we happy we didn’t shoot him, what a jump! I told my buddy he owes me a gross booner now since I set the stand yesterday for this buck and was the one to find him when I almost stepped on him haha. But he’s taught me most everything I know about killing big bucks so glad to pay some of that back

47b1c110f4feb84045398386f3ca1727.jpg

3b059b12ab54eb3d52ae6da452b9440d.jpg

57da4acc157ec054a5ac23ef3bbacb29.jpg

81f8d82006967eca9f930f841a3e341e.jpg

Awesome buck. Hopefully he took some great hero pics in the field!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Well here is he folks! Only went about fifty yards from where my buddy shot him. An absolute hammer with 15 scorable points and grossing out at 173. I actually know this buck well and have his shed from last year which I found about a half mile from where he was shot. I’ve got a ton of trail cam pics of him last year too. He was about 140 and we passed him because we thought he was 3. Looking at him this year I’d say he’s five now so must have been four last year. But boy are we happy we didn’t shoot him, what a jump! I told my buddy he owes me a gross booner now since I set the stand yesterday for this buck and was the one to find him when I almost stepped on him haha. But he’s taught me most everything I know about killing big bucks so glad to pay some of that back

47b1c110f4feb84045398386f3ca1727.jpg

3b059b12ab54eb3d52ae6da452b9440d.jpg

57da4acc157ec054a5ac23ef3bbacb29.jpg

81f8d82006967eca9f930f841a3e341e.jpg

That's a hammer.  Congrats!

• Like 1

47b1c110f4feb84045398386f3ca1727.jpg&key=0b0840dcbba5ebd2b574861f1e1c9261b337e436a1aea5182a2798a2f9e52dde

3b059b12ab54eb3d52ae6da452b9440d.jpg&key=c66db06191e573f6a708b2ec18173e9588e6c373f14a30cf17ddaced957fb609

57da4acc157ec054a5ac23ef3bbacb29.jpg&key=c1943533ff07dad1e9e1466f5bca2be24b69af6a6bf0b64891294823c01bc2c8

81f8d82006967eca9f930f841a3e341e.jpg&key=3fbb2c45ac9e2e72c0f30ff42e5e07241e76db75bd020b235e07c86b3b96f7bb

Wowsa that’s a “slammer”

Congrats to your bud!

• Like 2

search on "sinew backed bows". The tendons on large game animals are dried, shredded and applied to the back of a wooden "self bow" using hide glue - pre-compound commercial bows used fiberglass. It's a very fun hobby and lots of books out there. Woods like osage orange, walnut etc. The trick is to shave the back down to one growth ring only. I used to guide in CO so had access to lots of elk tendons but can buy them online.

Super cool. Gotta try this

• Like 2

Throwing in the towel. Grid searched an area for about 4 hours. Kept my search lines close, almost over lapping. 2 to 10 inches of powder on everything. Saw plenty of tracks, but none that would have indicated a badly injured deer. This sucks. 
IMG_20191112_143352747_HDR.thumb.jpg.3c2d086a7bd8182a585667046e61ddc1.jpg

Sorry to hear man. I was hoping you’d find it.

So interesting end to the day. I watched that spike make a scrape about 80 yards out in between chase sessions. With 15 min in legal light I see another deer approaching the same area. He gets to the scrape and does his thing for a while, at this point I see hes big. Get the binos on him and immediately have my heart racing. The first sighting of the buck with sticker off the g2. I believe him to be a 12 or possibly a 13 point total. He was on the scrape for all 15 min of light! I had to wait it out and watch him stroll by around 520 at 30 yards. Yet another one I can say hell of a hunt! I have one bow hunt left on Thursday night just need to capitalize. 

• Like 10

So interesting end to the day. I watched that spike make a scrape about 80 yards out in between chase sessions. With 15 min in legal light I see another deer approaching the same area. He gets to the scrape and does his thing for a while, at this point I see hes big. Get the binos on him and immediately have my heart racing. The first sighting of the buck with sticker off the g2. I believe him to be a 12 or possibly a 13 point total. He was on the scrape for all 15 min of light! I had to wait it out and watch him stroll by around 520 at 30 yards. Yet another one I can say hell of a hunt! I have one bow hunt left on Thursday night just need to capitalize. 

Sounds awesome!

• Like 2

On my hunt tonight I had a doe run under my stand twice with her tongue hanging out but no other deer around, strangest thing. Then at last light 6 flat tops came out of the bedding area and headed towards the neighbor's corn, no bucks with them either.

If the deer fell and died under a downed tree or in some sort of depression in the ground, 10 inches of snow could practically cover the deer where you'll need to step on it to find it.  I've had that happen to me once.  Snow fell so quick it covered up the deer in no time.

I know and I’m not trying to judge at all, but those are risks we take with archery in snow and rain. It’s not all about just hunter comfort. Again not trying to be judgy. Just advice.