LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

7 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

It’s incredible how tough these deer are...this guy showed up under my oak tree stand 10 minutes before I started my PM hunt yesterday (2:00).  Looks like he got tagged by a bazooka!

FAF68119-0C5D-48CB-86AB-5EC73D409F76.jpeg

E0022F2E-B6AD-4D26-9BCA-4AFE9C40474F.jpeg

2A612E5D-B5E8-4051-956B-E8DDF0B247E9.jpeg

Holy crap, what could make such a hole... 

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I'm in .  7F lease.   Real fresh tracks in field by truck. I prob should've hunted there but wanted to pull all cams before sat. And sit the stand I moved late.  @Biz-R-OWorld. Hunt #41.  Try not to let you down! 

IMG_20191113_141107718.jpg

HUNT # 41, HERE WE GO! Put the phone down and shoot straight!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Just a squirrel in the past 2hrs! Come on already rut!!!! I will probably wet myself when I finally see some seeking or chasing!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bob, you hunting your place with the cabin east of Rochester or a new area?  Not sure if you ever sold it.

Just a squirrel in the past 2hrs! Come on already rut!!!! I will probably wet myself when I finally see some seeking or chasing!!!!!

If I was in your predicament I’d probably wet myself over seeing a fawn. Your having a tough year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

40. Broome county, east of Binghamton

I didn't know about the meet up. Will definitely try to make it out if there is another.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

South east meetup after the 1st of the year seems in order, or maybe right around Christmas Bill can come dressed as Santa and little jerkman can sit on his lap

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

South east meetup after the 1st of the year seems in order, or maybe right around Christmas Bill can come dressed as Santa and little jerkman can sit on his lap

Agree! Speaking of @The Jerkman, where is he? his account shows he hasnt logged in since sunday?

• Like 1

Bob, you hunting your place with the cabin east of Rochester or a new area?  Not sure if you ever sold it.
Sold the cabin in the spring. Been limited to state land and one piece of private land in 8J. I pretty much gave up on the state land last weekend. The private land kinda sucks this year, because it's just a couple small woodlots surrounded by a huge picked soybean field. The woodlots are small enough that you can see through them with the snow. Last year it was decent, because the farmer had corn standing until Thanksgiving, so the deer had more cover. Huge goldenrod field across the road, so there's always hope a buck will chase a doe over. No sign of seeking or chasing at all yet.

Finally!  I waited an hour for the deer to expire and to see if a buck would be following before I tracked it.  Needed to crawl on hands and knees for 30 yards to pull it out of very thick cover...it ran in the right direction though...trapping/butcher shed within sight. Going to hunt with my brother for the last bit of daylight...never know...

145357F5-03F3-457F-AA68-177540CABFCC.jpeg

9A0A5869-FA2F-44F0-8F76-102A9B99A5DE.jpeg

ABDE3889-1CC2-4794-BEAD-5AE1F8F86ADD.jpeg

• Like 47

If I was in your predicament I’d probably wet myself over seeing a fawn. Your having a tough year.

Definitely a "humbling" season, that's for sure! LOL Made a tough decision to sell the family camp last spring, to help financially support my mother that has health issues and dementia. Just have to shift gears adapt. Oh well, no regrets!!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Sold the cabin in the spring. Been limited to state land and one piece of private land in 8J. I pretty much gave up on the state land last weekend. The private land kinda sucks this year, because it's just a couple small woodlots surrounded by a huge picked soybean field. The woodlots are small enough that you can see through them with the snow. Last year it was decent, because the farmer had corn standing until Thanksgiving, so the deer had more cover. Huge goldenrod field across the road, so there's always hope a buck will chase a doe over. No sign of seeking or chasing at all yet.

Hang in there.  There was a small 5 acre wood lot I used to hunt with my former partners.  Two real nice bucks killed from it in the last 3 years.   Works as a nice funnel at times and like yours, you could pretty much see from one end to the other.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

Finally!  I waited an hour for the deer to expire and to see if a buck would be following before I tracked it.  Needed to crawl on hands and knees for 30 yards to pull it out of very thick cover...it ran in the right direction though...trapping/butcher shed within sight. Going to hunt with my brother for the last bit of daylight...never know...

Had a lot of broken arrows when hunting with trad gear - more often than not.  I think its because the arrow passes through so slow they break it when spinning away.  Nice Job Dino!

14 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

There ya go !!! Congrats Dino. well done. Big girl !!

and those turkey primary feather fletchings  might look familiar to me

56 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

Wow, THAT my friend is big boy hunting good job!:good:

• Like 2