LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

I haven't gone back to my stands since my bow kill first weekend. Trying to stay out until Sat for gun opener.  Think both pics are the same deer but I suck at this when there is angles.  Second set of pics I just thought was cool because the doe went through and the buck was 4 minutes later mouth wide open.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by billey100
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

haha classic!

Haha! Good times

i saw a ton of deer tonight, all at just prior to end of legal.  Did see a spike chasing, there were probably 5-8 other deer.  No clue on who was what....at that point it was about dark, real tough to see.  Then at 5:15 a lone deer, could just barely see that it was in fact a deer....came through REEEAAAAAL slow, few steps...stop....minute later took a few more...stop....and so on, until i could barely hear crunching anymore...then i snuck out of there, I don’t feel as I spooked any thank god.

• Like 5

Didn't see a thing. So biz it was 1 for 2 with me and Taco.  Good news is I feel like tomorrow is the day for sure.

Good point. I did say 1 for 2 with you/taco and then I had the chef prediction separately. So it is a perfect 100% week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I saw one deer, a small-rack buck, this afternoon. He busted me before I could get a shot. He was at my 9 o'clock coming from behind. Between my taking off the safety too noisily and turning to my left (I'm a lefty), the noise and motion gave me away. I froze and we had a bit of a staredown. He then turned back the way he came and bounded away. He was upwind of me, so I thought he might circle around to get downwind of me, but he didn't bother.

The woods were on fire tonight! I sat on the ground overlooking a standing bean field and at first the wind was swirling back into a creek bottom where several does kept blowing but eventually it straightened out and the deer started to feed out. Had a shooter 9 point come out at about 100 yards and started to come into a grunt call but the neighbors dog happened to run out at the same time and cleared the field. About 45 minutes later there was probably 10-15 deer in the field when six does came out right in front of me and I could see another body lingering in the woods. A few minutes later I saw it emerge and caught a large main beam that told me shooter so I got ready for him to come into my shooting lane. He hung up for a few minutes where I couldn’t see him even though he was only 10-15 yards away but eventually he started to push the does around. I tried to stop him with a grunt but he wouldn’t stop and I ended up shooting him at a brisk walk about 40 yards away. It looked a touch back and the arrow and his reaction looks like liver, maybe clipped the back of lungs. I saw where he went in and am going to go in at first light to look for him. I’m pretty sure it’s a lethal shot and he’s probably dead already but I don’t want to risk pushing him. I am hoping he bedded down and died right inside the timber. Hunting on the ground is so addicting! That adrenaline rush having them in close right in your face is like nothing else. I was still shaking when I got back to my truck

• Like 17

The woods were on fire tonight! I sat on the ground overlooking a standing bean field and at first the wind was swirling back into a creek bottom where several does kept blowing but eventually it straightened out and the deer started to feed out. Had a shooter 9 point come out at about 100 yards and started to come into a grunt call but the neighbors dog happened to run out at the same time and cleared the field. About 45 minutes later there was probably 10-15 deer in the field when six does came out right in front of me and I could see another body lingering in the woods. A few minutes later I saw it emerge and caught a large main beam that told me shooter so I got ready for him to come into my shooting lane. He hung up for a few minutes where I couldn’t see him even though he was only 10-15 yards away but eventually he started to push the does around. I tried to stop him with a grunt but he wouldn’t stop and I ended up shooting him at a brisk walk about 40 yards away. It looked a touch back and the arrow and his reaction looks like liver, maybe clipped the back of lungs. I saw where he went in and am going to go in at first light to look for him. I’m pretty sure it’s a lethal shot and he’s probably dead already but I don’t want to risk pushing him. I am hoping he bedded down and died right inside the timber. Hunting on the ground is so addicting! That adrenaline rush having them in close right in your face is like nothing else. I was still shaking when I got back to my truck

Hope you find him!

• Like 1