LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Live from Metro North. Both does from last weekend are butchered and in freezer. Took tomorrow off. May do dark to dark again to see if the celibacy ban has been lifted on the property. Probably sit over a doe bedding area or travel route.

Good luck to all headed out for the Hail Mary tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

18a0048972507f7dbcc9f76c9e154f70.jpg

Sunset from my office tonight. Looking west at WNY and saw a sign from the heavens above. Therefore, I’m heading to WNY tomorrow to hunt the weekend. Please excuse my lack of contributions tomorrow while i make the 380mile journey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Oh boy, the mature bucks are still in there feet, at 1130 a 150+ was walking through an open field near transit/roll Rd.  He looked tired, neck was huge but he was walking with his nose about a foot off the ground and going, he had a slight limp.  Heavy rack.

Behind that Christmas tree place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, 46rkl said:

Finishing up archery in a favorite spot. Hoping for some movement today. First archery season in eight years without even a doe. Haven’t even drawn on anything. 
once gun gets here it’ll be fill the freezer time. 

578B3A2B-F677-4572-B5CE-785531923BDE.jpeg

Technically you drew back lol.

• Haha 3

Well,my last bowhunt was very exciting. I went for a still hunt and covered some ground,the wind gave me good cover. I saw some does here and there,spooked a few in a different area and then i zig zagged along a ridge and the dropped down behind a pond. Just before closing time i see a lone deer come towards me. Turns out it was a decent buck,eight pointer i think. He ate a little,made a scrape and a rub. He was going to walk past me at 60 yds so i crouched down and grunted at him. He looked up but didn't commit,so then i snort wheezed at him,first time i ever tried that. And man did that work,he was pissed and looking for a fight. I drew back when he was behind a tree,but then the problem was he came straight at me. He stopped at under 20 yds and was trying to figure out what i was. It was a good stare down,but then he turned and i let it rip,I had the pin on him the whole time. 

I heard a weird sound when i released and it must have been a sapling in the way. I grazed him acrosss the chest,i watched him bound off 50 yds or so and then walk off. The arrow layed right where he stood and there was hair,quite a bit but hardly any blood on the arrow. I think it deflected and just grazed him. No blood at the hit site,and i followed his track quite a ways and just got a few drops. I am confident he will be ok,maybe i can check that when gun season opens and i lay my hands on him.

The arrow was pointing back towards me and didn't travel past him.

That was a pretty exciting end to my bow season.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Sunset from my office tonight. Looking west at WNY and saw a sign from the heavens above. Therefore, I’m heading to WNY tomorrow to hunt the weekend. Please excuse my lack of contributions tomorrow while i make the 380mile journey

When you pass by exit 44 let me know if you get a special tingle.

4 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Thought I'd try my doe hoe again this afternoon. As a hail Mary tomorrow, I might try lipstick and high heels on her. I'm always a sucker for that anyways!! Might work?2f9d9364c222188ad06d902ab0c5a60f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Don’t forget the fishnet stockings! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Safe travels . And have a great weekend  . What are your predictions  for  your weekend?