LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

18 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

When we first move here from jersey I’d have to drive halfway to the Blue Dolphin to pick up or drop off my grandmother. Back then 17 was a cow path before all the bypasses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DANG  !!  I had to drive about the same distance from the other direction to pick up your Grandmother... It was worth the drive tho…..<<smile>>...

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

On 11/13/2019 at 7:57 AM, Jeremy K said:

Would you be willing to share the GPS track with us ? Obviously you can black out the coordinates, I really just wanna see the topography map and see the route the buck took .

23 Miles off trail in snow over mountains rivers thick woods with gun and heavy clothing boots. Is almost super human. 

I wonder if he  forgot  that he started the  GPS  from the truck on the drive in or out .

Did that a few times I forget to shut it off right away  when i got to the car then you go look and it's off by 20 miles lol 

Edited by Hunter007

On 11/13/2019 at 8:59 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

It’s not near as bad as it sounds, over 10 of that was on roads back to my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hunter007 said:

23 Miles off trail in snow over mountains rivers thick woods with gun and heavy clothing boots. Is almost super human. 

I wonder if he  forgot  that he started the  GPS  from the truck on the drive in or out .

Did that a few times I forget to shut it off right away  when i got to the car then you go look and it's off by 20 miles lol 

Looks like you missed this post.

I was averaging 10-15 miles a day during the muzzle loader season up there and i'm a fat old man.

14 hours ago, tarheel95 said:

Live from Metro North. Both does from last weekend are butchered and in freezer. Took tomorrow off. May do dark to dark again to see if the celibacy ban has been lifted on the property. Probably sit over a doe bedding area or travel route.

Good luck to all headed out for the Hail Mary tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Celibacy ban lifted? So now its mandatory celibacy?? Leave the ban in place!!!!!

Most exciting morning of the season.  Walking in across field huge buck tracks everywhere.   Doe comes out on other side of field and hasn't seen me.   I duck down in am open field . She is looking away and starts trotting away hard.  Here comes the buck from across the road huge one grunting and right after her.  

Only hope she brings him back this way.  He's been by this stand 3 times this morn/night by looks of tracks. 

• Like 11

Walked past a stand and sat at another less pressured stand.  Then walked, pulled a card from a further back spot and decided to finish the afternoon at the front of the property.  I walked back past the initial stand and saw fresh tracks.  Twenty four minutes earlier a nice, new buck had just walked past that stand .... 10 yds.... I have to open at work then leaving hopefully at 7:30 to get back out there.  Well, that's where I'm sitting all day today and tomorrow.  Crazy season so far. 

Safe travels . And have a great weekend  . What are your predictions  for  your weekend?

BIZ PREDICTION:

I’m hunting Saturday and Sunday with TCIII and Sodfather. I predict 3 deer killed. I know they are open to does, I’m not. So maybe not 3 bucks, but 3 deer. And if it all happens on Saturday, I predict we flipped all those little towns upside down Saturday night and Sunday.

About to start my drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, rachunter said:

Looks like you missed this post.

I was averaging 10-15 miles a day during the muzzle loader season up there and i'm a fat old man.

With a 175 pound deer to drag ? In snow off trail over mountains and rivers and thick woods ?  And don't  forget this is while hunting you have to be looking carefully what's  ahead of you  that's going to also slow you down . 

Edited by Hunter007

5 hours ago, Hunter007 said:

I always forget to turn it off when I get back to my vehicle

• Like 1