LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Well that's a wrap boys & girls. Probably my worst bow season ever. Season Stats:

22 sits

Minus the 10 bucks I saw together on 10/2 I saw 16 bucks, 22 does, and 11 that could not be identified for a total of 49.

Not one of those 49 were in range for a shot but they could be tomorrow:hunter:

IMG_20191115_162926_1CS[1].jpg

33 minutes ago, Belo said:

What is your cup of tea? Because nobody here knows. I understand not wanting to share deer pics. I stopped that a few years ago, but if you’re going to call people out you better be able to back it up and you’ve never backed any of it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Large tracks of Public land  old school hunting from the ground  still hunting walking and stalking mostly .

No cams no stands no backyards .

Not that there is anything wrong with that . Hunt the way you like .

When there is snow I do like buckmaster does but not 23 miles   I will walk 2 3 hours from the  road then if i can't catch up to them start back  

Calling for East north east wind for the morning . That's what the weather app  is calling for  in 8y. What the heck is that about.  Seems last 2 years we have had alot of east winds  during deer season .  I might be on the ground tomorrow.  My only east wind stand has been attacked by squirrels. All my straps have been chewed off . Only thing holding it in the tree is a cable lock.

Edited by Nytracker

Live from my hunting camp. A deer bound in front of me on the road coming here. I turned the car around and high beamed the field. A doe walking slowly followed a ways behind by a buck with his nose down. He’d pick his head back up and walk then back down on the groUnd. Not a huge buck but good to see he was sniffing. 

• Like 1

Just got off the phone with dad to setup a meet up time.putting him in a stand favored for the NE winds they are calling for.hoping something steps infront of him!!smaller bucks get a pass by me in hopes he gets a crack at em.bigger than bow buck or doe,im sending it....hes not too big on calling but i was considering sitting with him tomorrow morning(buddy stand) and try a little rattling and such.seems it may be too late in season for that???

No deer tonight but a great time being in the woods this season!  Enjoyed following everyone’s hunt! Worked hard to harvest and now enjoying some of it...although not working hard at eating it...tenderloins Swiss-steak style...melts in your mouth!

Cheers!

Good luck tomorrow!

DA87D493-792D-4FAF-B430-1AB97CFD4F98.jpeg

5E14350A-05CB-4F2F-943B-11B61255BEE3.jpeg

EB20AE70-26ED-43E8-BC4A-065C4CE842A1.jpeg

• Like 19

Phone died mid afternoon. That's a wrap on archery season for me (though I will continue with bow in regular season). Action kicked up around 2pm for about 30-45 minutes. Group of does getting harrassed by something in brush. Never saw it. Tried calling him out. No dice. Stopped by 3pm and then nada through sunset.

I am sitting out tomorrow while Yosemite Sam invades the public lands around me. I live too close to the city and these public lands get overrun by Yahoo's tomorrow (probably on line buying their shotgun tonight). Maybe hit it again Sunday PM.

Great season overall. Good luck and stay safe to all those heading out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

What is your cup of tea? Because nobody here knows. I understand not wanting to share deer pics. I stopped that a few years ago, but if you’re going to call people out you better be able to back it up and you’ve never backed any of it up.

So why did I bother with this for then ? If i don't like to hunt .

20191115_193314.jpg

On 11/12/2019 at 7:40 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

I hadn’t looked at my compass or GPS since my 11 o’clock water break so I pulled out my gps and realized I was only just under 2 miles from a road. 

10 hours ago, Hunter007 said:

With a 175 pound deer to drag ? In snow off trail over mountains and rivers and thick woods ?  And don't  forget this is while hunting you have to be looking carefully what's  ahead of you  that's going to also slow you down . 

Did you even read the whole post? It a pretty good read

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 5:45 PM, Fletch said:

Went out this morning.. wanted to redeem myself after that debacle earlier in the week. Had new broadheads and was ready. In my tree in waterport by 6 this morning with a stiff wind in my face. Had a doe move through at 630, then a spike, a doe and a fawn come through at 830. Climbed out around 9 because I forgot my coffee and was half frozen. No redemption for me today. I'll be back in the morning for the gun opener but I'm a little worried I burned the spot out. Good luck to everyone getting out and be safe!

15 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

If you like we can trade spots I will hunt from you nice backyard tree stand and you can walk a few Miles  on public land and see how you do ? 

Actually even if you offered , I  have no interest in that type of hunting . 

No offense .

A couple of my best bucks have come from public land. (Partridge Run in 4H) 

Nope, don't hunt my backyard. But I will extend the olive branch, and invite you to come hunt with me. Hundreds of private acres to hunt, and thousands of acres public land nearby. Not kidding. I'm totally serious. 

All ya gotta do is PM me and I'll set it up. 

• Like 7