LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Took my 10 year old son out this morning for his first opening day ( legal disclaimer he did not shoot or have a gun).  Shot this guy around 745, 10 pointer with a huge g2, the other side g2 was snapped off but is still a legal point.  Will probably get home mounted due to the hunting memory more than anything.  My son is the one who saw him and said big buck coming.  Heart shot and he went about 100 and he watched him pile up.

spacer.png

• Like 43

38 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

aa10d37fe918135303788cf5c7cf4472.jpg

Biz from a TREESTAND! Will update journal later, but I took over the stand from TCIII at 905am and before I could barely sit down I saw a buck and missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No wonder you missed,you never shot from a tree stand before. Tsk tsk,trying new things like that....

I drive 45 minutes to my property in 4H/R and have two DMP's and at 7:15 am this morning my wife sends me a couple Pic's  from where we live in 4B from the back porch ..... this Buck was just sniffing the ground and walked less than 10 feet from my wife and didn't notice her ! What are the chances ?

thumbnail_4900.jpg

thumbnail_4901.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

I drive 45 minutes to my property in 4H/R and have two DMP's and at 7:15 am this morning my wife sends me a couple Pic's  from where we live in 4B from the back porch ..... this Buck was just sniffing the ground and walked less than 10 feet from my wife and didn't notice her ! What are the chances ?

thumbnail_4900.jpg

thumbnail_4901.jpg

Hoyle’s law says the chances are always good that it happens on opening day....

These bucks hanging out together last week really have me looking forward to season.  Not at my house, but could get hunting permission across the street probably.
24390540-2A38-4AFC-84ED-B889D172BBBF.thumb.jpeg.b1d2be50f66e51f00465f317d836bf95.jpeg
CC9F6A7E-5944-4D6A-8207-4A3EA4F5EB34.thumb.jpeg.2d38cc45fb6815eccf6c8a101fbaa726.jpeg

I’ve been told by chef your very close to the camp I belong to in white road we don’t see much a lot prob due to no food source but working on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well conclusion to my crazy live from the woods story. I finally see the guy that shot buck this morning in the field around 9:00. I went over to talk him and also see what deer he shot. The guy  had kill another buck and it was dead in the field. The reason he didn’t look for first buck he shot in the morning was because he heard me shoot and figured I had put  the buck down. The first buck the guy shot in the leg and on top hind leg. The two shot he took didn’t kill deer , and when I saw the buck still crawling and I put one shot in the vitals. Guy was a nice hunter , the guy even help me drag my buck to his truck loaded into his truck and he even drop my buck over my house. Glad to say we both got bucks opening. To God be the glory . 

DD2D11C3-C378-42A9-A0BD-D885CE6D605D.jpeg

• Like 25

1 hour ago, billey100 said:

Took my 10 year old son out this morning for his first opening day ( legal disclaimer he did not shoot or have a gun).  Shot this guy around 745, 10 pointer with a huge g2, the other side g2 was snapped off but is still a legal point.  Will probably get home mounted due to the hunting memory more than anything.  My son is the one who saw him and said big buck coming.  Heart shot and he went about 100 and he watched him pile up.

spacer.png

Great buck! Congrats!! That boy is a trooper for sticking it out as cold as it was this morning!!

• Like 2

It sucks that my phone carrier from Alaska is so bad here. I can't even call or text from my stand to the house just down the hill from me while I'm up there. I can't read this site or post from my stand so I need to get caught up when I get back to the house. 

I came off my stand at 10:45 to check in at the house so my wife didn't get worrying. Plus, my feet froze so badly with these Alaska boots against the metal of the stand, when I got to the house and checked my toes, not only were they painful but 2 then felt numb as they warmed and stayed white colored. Nervous! 

First shot heard was at 6:15 (single) followed by 3 more quick shots one minute later, 6:16. Bunch of nuts!

Saw one button buck at 6:45 or so, about 20 yards, and watched him quietly walk through. Then at 7:30 3 does followed by a steady stream of more does that I stopped counting because they were trotting around in the bushes and I couldn't keep track. Then in the same group one definite buck chasing a doe in big circles until they went down into an orchard. 

Just before going down I had three nice size does walking single file straight to me until about about 20 yards. The lead doe caught my scent, stopped, and looked directly up into my stand. I didn't make I contact and she stayed for a couple minutes before turning broadside and then  stiff leg walked  back where they came from. Her partners got the message and turned and walked away as she took up their lead. 

Back at the house worrying over my toes, and thanks to my wonderful Mr.s I'm eating the delicious sausage gravy over toast she made me as a reward for coming to check in. 

Edited by New York Hillbilly
wording
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TACC said:

8 pointer down,

160 yard shot in the neck

From my 81 year old dad

Semper fi !18294115f69f7f6d660be1b6c337e8c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Outta likes (seriously, we should have unlimited likes for Opener!) so congrats to your dad! :good:

• Like 3

WeWell caught up with the neighbors who tracked the doe they shot all the way to me. They said they didn't even hear my shot. Neighbor hit the leg/shoulder ( must have been a straight on shot because there was no penetration on her. Luckily they didn't ask who's deer it should be, the brother shot 7 times this am, he said he was using the wrong cross hairs (yikes). Doe for me

KIMG1581.JPG

• Like 2