LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Walking in a 115, spotted a small buck only 50 yards away. Watched him in the scope for a bit then continued on my way. My brother and son are sittin in the shootin shack watching over the soybeans. My dads about 70 yards off the field, and 60 yards from a bedding area. Im in my swamp stand hoping a big guy comes by. Goodluck everyone.

No cell service on the lease so this is a bit late . Connected with my granddads savage on a good sized doe at 45 -50 yards about 9:30 .  Had a hole in the brush  big enough I could see her shoulder , neck head . The hand loaded 165 grain Speer hot core did a number on her shoulder, She ran ten yards. Bitter sweet as I wanted to shoot a deer with the savage but would have much rather had my wife or son fill our one doe tag. She’s skinned hanging in the garage, wife and I will process tomorrow. 

C6456CAD-E7CB-4904-BC0C-99D71255CE7E.jpeg

F4153B3D-DF64-4981-92C8-7842057349FF.jpeg

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

As I said in the original post I’m guessing a little over 10 of the miles was on a road back to my truck.

I’m far from super human just a fella with a beer gut that lives to track bucks in the big woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually didn't see that part  until  later but its impressive all the same  your good.  that deer most of been thinking dam is this guy ever giving  up at the end , deer probably just didn't want to run   away from you anymore. 

Just had another nice buck at 100.  My friend couldn’t quite see it and then forget to fully cock the hammer when he tried to shoot as he crossed lane.   Missed opportunity but I snort wheezed and pulled him back.  He circled blind but no clear shot on him or other buck that came in at same time from behind.   Ugghh

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I use a 15year old gps that doesn’t show any topography. I wish it did because it would have been cool to add that to the story.

GPS Essentials app   for your smartphone  works good and its  free  you should try it out works pretty good .

Edited by Hunter007

I actually didn't see that part  until  later but its impressive all the same  your good.  that deer most of been thinking dam is this guy ever giving  up at the end , deer probably just didn't want to run   away from you anymore. 

That deer never knew I was behind him until I killed him. He was hours ahead of me all day that’s why I was walking at such a fast pace I knew I had a lot of catching up to do.

Most people don’t realize that this time of year it’s nothing for a big woods buck to make a 10-20 mile walk in a day. That’s the main reason why I usually won’t take anything but a smoking fresh track this time of year is because you often don’t catch up to them.

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

That deer never knew I was behind him until I killed him. He was hours ahead of me all day that’s why I was walking at such a fast pace I knew I had a lot of catching up to do.

Most people don’t realize that this time of year it’s nothing for a big woods buck to make a 10-20 mile walk in a day. That’s the main reason why I usually won’t take anything but a smoking fresh track this time of year is because you often don’t catch up to them.

Gotcha impressive still all the same most guys  probably wouldn't of chased  him for that long before heading back .

I know I wouldn't walk more then 4 hours away  tops  before i head back to the road .

And usually I noticed most guys at least the public land I hunt  mostly  now after 1 hour walk in you see few  guys that pass that mark that far in.

The big 11 with crooked brows was watching me walk in . 100 yards standing in an open field ! But head on and cant shoot on that land . He was dogging A

doe that made it onto my woods , do who knows

edit deer everywhere 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1