LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

17 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

I saw nothing  but  some deer droppings had a blast  one of the best times hunting  in years got to hunt with the old man again after many years of him being sick bad knees and  cancer  now all gone . And  knee   replacement was a success. 

I Thank god for this every day 

Life is short and you never know .  

That is awesome, so happy for you guys! Best days in the woods are with dad 100%

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Deer or no deer. One heck of a day sharing the woods with your Pop.  Awesome !

Yea I know didn't think I would ever again after he got diagnosed with stage 3 cancer last year and the knee problems . To me its miracle  

God 

Edited by Hunter007

At 8:30 I saw something jet black running at close to 200mph wayyy out near the swamp.  Such a creepy area, but i love it.  3 does at 4:30.....3 shots heard all day, slowest opening day EVER.  Dad saw 26 turkey, and a red fox early.  About 300 yards from my stand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Story later but sat from 6 till 3 when this guy came in.  It was by far my best opener ever.  Got it done it on stateland again.

64680.jpeg

Congrats,  was invited to go up in that area with my cousin he is up there now he saw 2 doe and missed at a small buck he said  up there .

My dad shot and missed a 8, neighbors uncle hit 2 deer. We tracked but one was barely bleeding to start and stopped bleeding within 50 yards of the shot. 2nd deer i tracked for 200 yards, pretty sure it was a leg/brisket hit. Lots of shooting this evening but no deer to show for it. Off to dinner and drinks with friends and hopefully back at it in the morning...depending on how many drinks. Congrats to all that got some today!

• Like 1

Slowest opening day I’ve ever had sat the morning from 5:30-11 only saw one deer. Heard the neighbor shoot looked in that direction as we both with close to the line. Watched the deer come running and finally stop 10 ft on his side of the line. I put my crosshairs on it, waiting for it to take those final few steps to my side, BOOM he shot again and missed again.. the 8 pt buck took off up the hill and out of my life. I looked over and saw his orange head bobbing up and down chasing the deer... this guy has missed 3 bucks 3 years in a row on opening morning one of them at 20 yards... I think he needs to check his scope. JMP and I went in for a quick lunch and switched spots for the PM, had a lot more action in the PM but nothing legal... I did tag one buck, this little spike with a big wad of my Copenhagen spit as he walked within inches of my stand. It didn’t even phase him

d300e1f2202c1d874f433debce0f4f9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great day today even though I didn’t connect. I seen 6 different bucks and two doe. I had my dream buck coming in all he had to do is come 10 more yards but I never seen or heard the other deer behind me and it started blowing and he changed course. That’s hunting! On my way to Cleveland so no hunting till next weekend. Congrats to all who connected today. 

• Like 1

Five buck and 7 doe today.  6:45am-4:45pm in thr climber, never got down.  I’m sooo whipped right now from the sun, wind and cold temps.  I’d like to hit the rack right now!!

oh, we killed three bucks and a doe today for 6 hunters. Not too shabby....

• Like 10

Stood in a different stand for the afternoon hunt. Saw zero deer while on afternoon watch, saw one as it stood in the brush and watched me ride by on my wheeler on way back to the house. Saw the first gray fox I've seen in years. It was eating frozen apples off the ground for probably 20 minutes before it wandered off. 

Back at it in the morning. This time at my uncles old stand for old times sake. 

Very slow around here with no close shots heard. First light had a two year old buck cross the cut. He got a pass. Came out at noon for some hot chocolate to warm up. Back in at one till dark, saw two doe just feeding in the cut. And they were never bothered by a buck??

Back out again in the morning. Will be another cold one. Hopefully the action will pick up?

Congratulations to all the hunters that got deer today!!

• Like 3

Congrats to all the successful hunters! I went out for a couple hours this morning,but i am not feeling the joy for gun season. I think i will sit out for a week or two let my excitement build back up and let the woods quiet down some. I think i may wait till MZ season to try to fill another tag.