LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

So my opening day was a day from hell . It a long story I won't go into now but I can say that the 2 people I took with ruined my day and I will most likely never take someone out hunting with me again . They shot 2 deer and then tell me one had a stroke3 weeks ago and the other had a bad back . And the nice or stupid person I am had to try to drag out 2 big deer by myself. So I finally go the dam things out after these 2 watched me and all they could say was take my time. The day from hell started around 1 in the afternoon . And I just got home and showed and finally something to eat . Now I am going to bed so I can go by myself tomorrow.  The day fro. Hell is over for my . I just wish I wasn't  such a nice person

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

So my opening day was a day from hell . It a long story I won't go into now but I can say that the 2 people I took with ruined my day and I will most likely never take someone out hunting with me again . They shot 2 deer and then tell me one had a stroke3 weeks ago and the other had a bad back . And the nice or stupid person I am had to try to drag out 2 big deer by myself. So I finally go the dam things out after these 2 watched me and all they could say was take my time. The day from hell started around 1 in the afternoon . And I just got home and showed and finally something to eat . Now I am going to bed so I can go by myself tomorrow.  The day fro. Hell is over for my . I just wish I wasn't  such a nice person
That is a bummer. I hope the karma pays off for you tomorrow and you get the deer of your dreams (and it runs straight to your car so you don't have to drag it).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tarheel95 said:

That is a bummer. I hope the karma pays off for you tomorrow and you get the deer of your dreams (and it runs straight to your car so you don't have to drag it).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I hope so to I have a cart to pull them out . But I am sore as  heck. Oh and I asked 9 guys if they could help me and I offered them $100. And they were like no . I said thank you very fuck much fellow hunters . Lolol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hunter007 said:

I saw nothing  but  some deer droppings had a blast  one of the best times hunting  in years got to hunt with the old man again after many years of him being sick bad knees and  cancer  now all gone . And  knee   replacement was a success. 

I Thank god for this every day 

Life is short and you never know .  

Now that’s a great hunting experience!

• Like 1

Will post story in harvest thread, but I'm happy :
IMG_20191116_124745.thumb.jpg.c809f29b1838e35cc6ce4faf49bf663b.jpg
I hope so to I have a cart to pull them out . But I am sore as  heck. Oh and I asked 9 guys if they could help me and I offered them $100. And they were like no . I said thank you very fuck much fellow hunters . Lolol
Should have let the folk you brought out know.....the real fun starts after you pull the trigger!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Hunted from first light till about 10:45am in 4K before I headed out for a family party. First light was slow with two single does passing by feeding but very alert. For the rest of the morning I had a few small groups of does work through for a total of ten does seen. The past four sits on this property I have seen 10+ does every sit and not a single buck. Going to head back out tomorrow hoping a buck finally comes through checking one of these ladies. Congrats to everybody that put down deer today.

Well I'm up and my achilles tendon is bothering me again 

I'm supposed to use a heel lift and forgot to put it into my new boots  yesterday when I went out with dad .

Not sure if its smart to go out until it stops bothering me sometimes after a few hours it gets   better  if I  walk on it hard could take weeks to stop bothering me . 

the spot I want to hunt is 1.5 mile walk down a steep hill .   Weather looks like it's going to be good all week except tomorrow.  So I got time to go a few more times  at least .

Good luck to you guys .

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 2

Up and headed back to the cut blind. Early on I have a couple particular bucks I'm looking for. I'm fairly certain they are still in this area. As time goes by, perhaps I will be less particular? We'll see how it all pans out.

Good luck to all heading out on this cold morning! Keep safe. Shoot straight.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

So I am up sore from dragging out the 2 guys deer. But I am up and ready to drag my own deer out. 

Best of luck to ya girl! All that good karma from yesterday is sure to pay off for you! A tip of the old hunting cap to you for doing the right thing yesterday. You certainly have some grit! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So yesterday I spot a doe at 45+ and start glass in it. I make a move to get a better view and see 4 doe bound away (including the one i was watching). Had no idea the others were there. About an hour and a half later, while I’m reading this thread, I hear something and the same four doe are in front of me at 20. The big one was standing broadside and presenting an easy shot. I put my phone in my pocket and pull on the zipper so it don’t fall out. She hears the zipper. Unbelievable, I couldn’t hear them walk up because it was so loud in there but she hears my zipper. She doesn’t run but is on alert now. I had no way to move without getting busted so they walked behind some thick and out of my day. I don’t think they saw me move earlier because they never looked in my direction until I zipped my pocket. That turned out to be all the deer movement I saw until 1230 when I left. Gonna head back in this afternoon and try again. Lesson from yesterday: I leave my phone alone unless I’m checking time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So yesterday morn after I get about 3/4 of way to treestand I realize that I left my phone home...great. Oh well, pulled a frozen all day sit on the stand. Saw 10 doe, 1 small buck spike or 3pt, and a fox. Passed on 6 of the doe at about 20yds. Does get passes from me the first week of gun holding out for a mature buck. After that a mature doe will get it. In stand now set up for another frosty all day sit...hopefully one of the big boys come visit to shorten my sit today. Good luck all and congrats to all that scored on the opener.