LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

My camp is empty, I got all the property to my self. My neighbors camp is just him and his son and they’ll go back to the island today.  I love doing this more and more every year. This is what I do! Haven’t missed an opening day since I was old enough to hunt, (35 years). Glad I got you guys and girls to keep me company. Every year less and less people hunt for whatever reason. Just want to say thanks! I enjoy this thread!

• Like 10

I have an opportunity to hunt a new property.  I am heading over there early afternoon to talk to the land owner, maybe do a quick scout around and have a sit till dark, she tells me there is a nice 6 or 8 point buck seen out back quite often...was nice to sleep in this morning though.

Anyone notice stateland was empty yesterday or was it me?  We hunted a 700acre piece no trucks when we went in or out. Brother left at 8 and there was 1 truck.  Other buddy took lunch at noon anf wad only one truck he said when he got back at 2.  The guy i saw was on private.   Not complaining just seemed like the woods get emptier every year.

13 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Anyone notice stateland was empty yesterday or was it me?  We hunted a 700acre piece no trucks when we went in or out. Brother left at 8 and there was 1 truck.  Other buddy took lunch at noon anf wad only one truck he said when he got back at 2.  The guy i saw was on private.   Not complaining just seemed like the woods get emptier every year.

Yes saw less cars this year  but still  I would not say the woods I was at was empty  12 vehicles I counted  last year same area had about  17 .  0 at the exact spot I was at. 

But down the road they were parked  on either side of me .

Edited by Hunter007

12 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I feel like it goes in spurts.  Some years the state land here is busy AF, and other years its dead.  I wonder if the popularity of crossbows has gotten more guys into an "archery" season, get a deer with that, and then leisurely slide into the gun season...at least thats my theory.

• Like 1

I envy all you guys out there today.

I tried to get out but in the end, I should've just stayed in bed. Woke up with wicked sinus congestion but decided to give it a go anyway. Halfway to the property and realized left my cell phone at home. I don't wear a watch and hunting by myself so decide to turn around get it.

Now I'm a half hour behind schedule. Get to property, get suited up, I'm undoing straps from the quad and smell gas. Pull the drag sled out from underneath the quad and there is fresh gas in it. In the dark, even with flashlight, can't figure out where it is coming from. Decide to cut my losses and go home. Gonna try to figure out the leaking gas situation this afternoon. 

Wife’s deer! 260 yd shot and dropped in its tracks! Sweet 8. I’ll post up story in harvest thread. Tower in the background is where she was sitting.
CBC7F29B-65F3-420F-93CC-D1EC749D5532.thumb.jpeg.269ee8db7a6957935af93ffe1ed4931f.jpeg

Just asking, if she leaves you for a younger guy does the property stay with her? She already shoots better than 90% my hunting party lol!!

JK you guys having a super weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4