LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Doe down this morning. She came into the woods and stood 30 or so yards broadside. Took the shot and later wished I waited. After the shot I saw a big flag bounding through  the field. Likely a buck in tow. I made a good offhand shot with the NULA. Doe went 30 yards and dropped. First deer with the NULA. 

Meanwhile in another spot, my hunting buddy dropped a yote. About 830 a few doe came by him and didn’t present a shot. A bit later same doe came back running with flags raised pursued by two yotes. Two shots one dead yote and one likely hit. The yotes were on those doe big time. 

71730A12-FF95-4000-BA6C-3A6A6938D245.jpeg

• Like 11

Neighbor shot right around 7 this morning. About 730 he calls to tell me he knocked down what he thinks is a doe. He tells me that theres a good buck running does inbetween us. About 745, i catch movement coming outta some brush to my left, a doe followed by a good buck. I watch the buck mount the doe...wait tills hes done and hes off her. Take my shot and they dont move, quickly shoot again. It didnt feel like a great shot. Got down 20 mins later to check for blood. Not lookin great, then neighbor calls, he saw him walking slowly away head down. I decided to back out.

Started tracking him at 1015. 2.5 hrs after i shot him. Steady but small blood trail through the woods leading into thick brush about 200 yards from the shot. Me and my son were sneaking through there when a deer got up and ran. Its so thick i couldnt tell what it was. We walked up to a bloody bed and i felt horrible. This deers still goin now, crap. We turned and took about 3 steps in the direction of blood, and 20 yards ahead is my buck bedded again. I crept up unsure if he was alive or dead, i was maybe 5 yards away when he started to get up! Bang! He lunged forward, Bang! Hes down for good. My neighbor was a great help, left his stand and got his 4 wheeler and drove us back to my field. Happy it ended with me getting him, intial shot was low stomach. 

20191117_103920.jpg

20191117_113454.jpg

20191117_113604.jpg

20191117_113818.jpg

• Like 33

8 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Neighbor shot right around 7 this morning. About 730 he calls to tell me he knocked down what he thinks is a doe. He tells me that theres a good buck running does inbetween us. About 745, i catch movement coming outta some brush to my left, a doe followed by a good buck. I watch the buck mount the doe...wait tills hes done and hes off her. Take my shot and they dont move, quickly shoot again. It didnt feel like a great shot. Got down 20 mins later to check for blood. Not lookin great, then neighbor calls, he saw him walking slowly away head down. I decided to back out.

Started tracking him at 1015. 2.5 hrs after i shot him. Steady but small blood trail through the woods leading into thick brush about 200 yards from the shot. Me and my son were sneaking through there when a deer got up and ran. Its so thick i couldnt tell what it was. We walked up to a bloody bed and i felt horrible. This deers still goin now, crap. We turned and took about 3 steps in the direction of blood, and 20 yards ahead is my buck bedded again. I crept up unsure if he was alive or dead, i was maybe 5 yards away when he started to get up! Bang! He lunged forward, Bang! Hes down for good. My neighbor was a great help, left his stand and got his 4 wheeler and drove us back to my field. Happy it ended with me getting him, intial shot was low stomach. 

20191117_103920.jpg

20191117_113454.jpg

20191117_113604.jpg

20191117_113818.jpg

Nice deer & nice Deere

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Anyone notice stateland was empty yesterday or was it me?  We hunted a 700acre piece no trucks when we went in or out. Brother left at 8 and there was 1 truck.  Other buddy took lunch at noon anf wad only one truck he said when he got back at 2.  The guy i saw was on private.   Not complaining just seemed like the woods get emptier every year.

It may be that reg. Season opened this weekend and not the weekend before Thanksgiving. I have a friend who works at Bass Pro and he said that tons of guys were coming in on Friday to get licenses and supplies because  they didn't realize that the season opened on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Gencountyzeek said:

20191117_103920.jpg

20191117_113454.jpg

20191117_113604.jpg

20191117_113818.jpg

Congrats Zeek!

• Like 2

Saw nothing yesterday 1c, so wasn't optimistic today. Got in the woods a little while ago and while deciding which tree to climb a stud of a 10pt walks by at 60 yds nose down. No interest in grunts or my attempt at a snort wheeze. A few minutes later I was 4 feet up a tree I saw a doe and fawn about 50 yds away. I got down slowly and tried a stalk but was not gaining on them so abandoned the stalk. So I am now up in the tree hoping something comes by, but just seeing that buck has already made my day.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Nice!  Is that on Jarvis Rd North?  South Bethlehem is 2 miles from my house

Up bye the south albany airport in south Bethlehem my cousin owns all the land next to it and behind it 400+acres . 8 point or more is the rule of the land there 

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1