LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

12 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Buddy got a busted up 5pointer who was a real fighter.

efb8b4920c68dbe957fdd3d218eac1c7.jpg

3038aa302756c4a3c7b702b3eb723267.jpg

Anyone think there’s any issue with the quality of the meat with this puss coming out of his forehead from a “recent” battle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. 

• Like 1

Put Kathy in a new stand a bit behind her normal one, deer all over there yesterday ,zippo today .From my spot I watched three young bucks one after another cross the small bean field .

Pulled a SD card near Kathy’s stand ,opening day 7:30 very nice buck , we sat in a hut that morning .....

Land owner got a great 8 tonight .

All day today tomorrow with a buddy, well minus a long lunch and nap in the truck . I’m not shooting ,just guiding  .

Pulled a double with my Brother in law today! 

We went to the back of the property, and sat in my box blind together. 

About 8:00 I see this doe coming along the ridge. 

I bleat and stop her, Tom double lung / heart shoots her at 75 yards. She hunched up and fell over after 15 yards. Perfect. His 3rd deer ever.

We decide to wait an hour or two and see what happens. Well 15 minutes later, along came this buck trailing Tom's doe. 

He stopped in the exact spot that Tom shot his doe. I took the shot with my Hawken, and he disappeared. I thought I missed.

We went down to check it out, and there he was, 30 yards from where I hit him.

My first muzzleloader buck!

IMG_20191117_101740734_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191117_092745696_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191117_081330628_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191117_074910863_HDR.jpg

• Like 27

26 minutes ago, Skillet said:

Pulled a double with my Brother in law today! 

We went to the back of the property, and sat in my box blind together. 

About 8:00 I see this doe coming along the ridge. 

I bleat and stop her, Tom double lung / heart shoots her at 75 yards. She hunched up and fell over after 15 yards. Perfect. His 3rd deer ever.

We decide to wait an hour or two and see what happens. Well 15 minutes later, along came this buck trailing Tom's doe. 

He stopped in the exact spot that Tom shot his doe. I took the shot with my Hawken, and he disappeared. I thought I missed.

We went down to check it out, and there he was, 30 yards from where I hit him.

My first muzzleloader buck!

IMG_20191117_101740734_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191117_092745696_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191117_081330628_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191117_074910863_HDR.jpg

Nice going!!

Up behind the house??

• Like 5

Had a full day yesterday......10 hours in the climber and never came down once.  I was cold and had some trouble from what I thought was a pinched nerve in my shoulder, hurt it at work on Thursday.  I figured if I climbed down I wouldn't climb back up so decided I'd stick it out.  Saw five 1.5 year old (my best guess) bucks and 7-8 doe.  I wasn't interested in shooting a small buck........I think I was in bed at 9pm and felt whooped.

Today I only sat for a little more than 3.5 hours this morning.  lots of action in that short time, 4 bucks and one of which tempted me.  He was dogging a herd of 8 doe like a rock star!  I'm pretty sure he was also just 1.5 years old so he and the three others got a pass.  I'd guess I saw 14 doe today.

All in all it was a good day and a half........

PS: 3 bucks were shot by six hunter out of our group yesterday, all 8pt bucks.

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 13

Getting caught up on all the action since Friday. Went to my camp this weekend in 4W. Had a doe at 15 yards walking to my stand. Sat for 3 hours and then tried to still hunt. No snow and a swirling change every 10 minutes wind. Never put anything up. Went back to main spot I sat in the morning for afternoon sit. Had 4 doe come in just before 4pm all withing 60 yds bit no doe tags for that area.

9 of us hunting and the only buck seen was a spike, taken by a youth Hunter. 2 does taken as well. Hunting locally next weekend and back to camp for Thanksgiving weekend.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Had a full day yesterday......10 hours in the climber and never came down once.  I was cold and had some trouble from what I thought was a pinched nerve in my shoulder, hurt it at work on Thursday.  I figured if I climbed down I wouldn't climb back up so decided I'd stick it out.  Saw five 1.5 year old (my best guess) bucks and 7-8 doe.  I wasn't interested in shooting a small buck........I think I was in bed at 9pm and felt whooped.

Today I only sat for a little more than 3.5 hours this morning.  lots of action in that short time, 4 bucks and one of which tempted me.  He was dogging a herd of 8 doe like a rock star!  I'm pretty sure he was also just 1.5 years old so he and the three others got a pass.  I'd guess I saw 14 doe today.

All in all it was a good day and a half........

PS: 3 bucks were shot by six hunter out of our group yesterday, all 8pt bucks.

Wow, sounds like you had a lot of deer activity. Not nearly as busy here the past 2 days, but I did take the nice 10 point with that Weatherby 30.06. Finally gave it a little action, and boy oh boy is it an accurate son of a ...well...gun. lol

• Thanks 1

Got the coffee brewing. I'm sitting here trying to decide what to try today (Hunt #40). At some point, things have to come together for me. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Even a blind squirrel is supposed to find a nut once in while...

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, New York Hillbilly said:

Wow, sounds like you had a lot of deer activity. Not nearly as busy here the past 2 days, but I did take the nice 10 point with that Weatherby 30.06. Finally gave it a little action, and boy oh boy is it an accurate son of a ...well...gun. lol

Could you send me a picture of the 10 pt you killed with that rifle, I’d like to show it to my dad. 

• Like 2

Morning everyone, getting ready to head out now.. I hunted the past 2 days had a few does and spike come in opening day and yesterday I only seen 2 does and a button buck. The button buck and little doe came and bedded 30 yards in front of my stand yesterday morning. Threw a few grunts at him and he was shook lol. Good luck to everyone going out today supposed to get a few inches of snow here in 4G.