LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

33 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

headed in.  These tags aren’t going to punch themselves.  Good luck y’all.  

True,but you already have two deer in the freezer. Feels nice,doesn't it? I am still taking a little break,recharge...the Muzzleloader is getting hungry though.

• Like 1

Not out yet . Today it has hit me hard . Missing my brother in law  alot today . Had talked tohis rock pile in his favorite spot yesterday  all day .but last night had a dream of him and my sister hunting with me and when I woke up I realized  it was never going to happen again I will be hunting alone . Just have to pull myself together  . Have fun boys

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

Hunting / not hunting . I’m in a hut listening to the radio , wishing I brought food ( something I almost never do ) . Trying to get Joe a buck , he’s in a back stand , and now they’re spraying g manure in the field just behind him .....

2E891E75-2EBC-45C7-B99E-1EDE3F345358.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Not out yet . Today it has hit me hard . Missing my brother in law  alot today . Had talked tohis rock pile in his favorite spot yesterday  all day .but last night had a dream of him and my sister hunting with me and when I woke up I realized  it was never going to happen again I will be hunting alone . Just have to pull myself together  . Have fun boys

It’s tough, and I can sympathize. When my dad passed I didn’t hunt for two years. But I got my wife into hunting and then my son  became old enough. 
Keep plugging away, and I hope you find a new hunting partner to share with. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Hunting / not hunting . I’m in a hut listening to the radio , wishing I brought food ( something I almost never do ) . Trying to get Joe a buck , he’s in a back stand , and now they’re spraying g manure in the field just behind him .....

2E891E75-2EBC-45C7-B99E-1EDE3F345358.jpeg

Now that’s some cover scent .. 

Quite a weekend in ellicttville. I only saw doe which is a first for opener out here. My dad passed about 10 young bucks. I tracked a "miss" from an older hunter for him which resulted in a dead 8 point with literally zero blood. Hit was back in hind quarter didnt bleed at all and was dead 100 yards away. Extremely strange weekend with tons of doe being seen. We managed that 8, a small 6 and a doe. Doe tags are hard to come by for this zone. 

14 hours ago, Skillet said:

Pulled a double with my Brother in law today! 

We went to the back of the property, and sat in my box blind together. 

About 8:00 I see this doe coming along the ridge. 

I bleat and stop her, Tom double lung / heart shoots her at 75 yards. She hunched up and fell over after 15 yards. Perfect. His 3rd deer ever.

We decide to wait an hour or two and see what happens. Well 15 minutes later, along came this buck trailing Tom's doe. 

He stopped in the exact spot that Tom shot his doe. I took the shot with my Hawken, and he disappeared. I thought I missed.

We went down to check it out, and there he was, 30 yards from where I hit him.

My first muzzleloader buck!

IMG_20191117_101740734_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191117_092745696_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191117_081330628_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191117_074910863_HDR.jpg

Congratulations Skillet! Nice buck!

• Thanks 1