LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Don't know what was going on this morning. Woke up at 4 with stomach bug, equilibrium off, felt like I was gonna puke, and just felt like crap so skipped heading out and layed back down. Woke up later and seemed to have passed... was able to be in stand by 7:45. Will sit till dark unless a buck shows up first. Good luck all

• Like 2

Not out yet . Today it has hit me hard . Missing my brother in law  alot today . Had talked tohis rock pile in his favorite spot yesterday  all day .but last night had a dream of him and my sister hunting with me and when I woke up I realized  it was never going to happen again I will be hunting alone . Just have to pull myself together  . Have fun boys
I can relate missing my son alot right now l used to hunt with him alot but he moved to Florida in August so this year has definitely been different.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This morning I had To take some of the kids to school so I was Late getting in the woods. I wanted To sit in one of the ground blinds so I headed There only to find the roof caved in from snow. Rather than cause a racket monkeying with it, I went Down to the tower. About 15 mins after I get Here I spot Some movement about 150 yards out in some thick stuff. I got My binos on it and saw it was the big 10 working scrapes. I grunted a couple of times but he didn’t respond so I just Watched and waited to see if he would get into a spot for a shot. No such luck. Watched him for about 20 mins working scrapes before he vanished into some pines. 

ive also seen 2 doe groups moving and currently have 2 young does at 30 yards feeding in the plot. Lots of movement so far today. 

• Like 3

So this morning has been interesting I pull up to one of my favorite stateland spots in 6n just in time to watch 2 deer sneaking through the pines not 100 yrds in front of the truck. I then gear up walk about 10 yrds from the truck and discover what's left of a doe that had been shot and skinned out. This is a no doe zone. I don't know if it was actually shot right here because I see no evidence of a drag through the snow or any blood trail unless someone dropped it right where it stood maybe road hunting or if somebody dumped it here. Anyways there is no doe hunting anywhere up here so I reported it. People really need to follow the laws. I don't imagine they will ever find out who did it but atleast they no it's going on up here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

sorry for the crap pictures but it was a very productive weekend in 8G. I shot my oldest deer to date Sunday and he had 13 score able points my uncle shot a monster 9 Saturday which was his first deer in years. Good luck to everyone stay safe and shoot straight.

58170.jpeg

• Like 36

I filled my buck tag this AM, had a deer come through a thicket around 8:00AM and had a hard time finding it working through, I caught glimpses here and there and could tell it was a buck, it looked like a basket 8 to me and I had one opening about 90 yds away and as soon as he stepped into it I hammered him, he ran 30 yds and crashed. I knew he wasn't real big but ground shrinkage is a real thing! I'm happy with him, I honestly don't really enjoy gun season so that's probably it for my season, I have all of the venison I need and no buck tags. IMG_20191118_094303486.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 33

1 minute ago, chrisw said:

I filled my buck tag this AM, had a deer come through a thicket around 8:00AM and had a hard time finding it working through, I caught glimpses here and there and could tell it was a buck, it looked like a basket 8 to me and I had one opening about 90 yds away and as soon as he stepped into it I hammered him, he ran 30 yds and crashed. I knew he wasn't real big but ground shrinkage is a real thing! I'm happy with him, I honestly don't really enjoy gun season so that's probably it for my season, I have all of the venison I need and no buck tags. IMG_20191118_094303486.jpg

Great year for you, congrats! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Congrats! Agreed. I miss bow season already. Gun isn't my thing either.

• Like 2