LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Horrible at taking photos. Saturday and yesterday I had many young bucks each sit. No encounters with a shooter. Checked cams and had some around a week ago while on vacation. Three mentees took some deer, that i'll be posting in the other QDMA Field to Fork thread. Neighbor took a solid 18+" wide 8 pointer during the lunch hour. a big group of us were at the garage/shop and watched it all go down from across the valley with optics.

...forgot to mention I took a coyote and 3 more got taken on the neighbors. when you see a coyote it's coyote season not deer season. lol

Edited by dbHunterNY
  • Like 3

Well that's a heck of a first.....Congrats.
Now to the details....where did he hit that deer and with what caliber? I am guessing lung with some blood out the nose.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Hit it right above foreleg downhill and slight quartering (see pic). My son used my Kimber .300WSM on him. 150grain Winchester deer season ammo. Took one hell of a deep breath and good prayer. Double lung hit with no exit. Used the same rifle on my elk in 2006 with same effect. Deer never took another step. Was DOA when it hit the ground. Must admit I was leaking tears walking over with him. The stuff dreams are made of. So proud!3f933b5977124332e5ee3e8c7de1ef39.jpg
  • Like 10

37 minutes ago, NYsportsman said:

Hit it right above foreleg downhill and slight quartering (see pic). My son used my Kimber .300WSM on him. 150grain Winchester deer season ammo. Took one hell of a deep breath and good prayer. Double lung hit with no exit. Used the same rifle on my elk in 2006 with same effect. Deer never took another step. Was DOA when it hit the ground. Must admit I was leaking tears walking over with him. The stuff dreams are made of. So proud!3f933b5977124332e5ee3e8c7de1ef39.jpg

Congrats on a great buck! 

46 minutes ago, NYsportsman said:

That's awesome! I know the feeling, as I still get that sense of pride when my son kills one! Congrats to you both!! 

With the bad luck and few sightings I've been having this year, I might need to sign up for [mention=152]Culvercreek hunt club[/mention] Food 2 Fork program myself next year and sit on Bob's knee in order to get a deer! B)

Yeah. You might want to rethink that. Two full days with my mentee and we never saw a deer. Lol.
  • Like 2

Slow day for sure, only saw 2 deer ... this little 4pt was grunting and hounding a doe around me for about 45 minutes. He must have been dogging her most of the day...she did half hearted snorts at him and kept stomping her front hooves into the ground...she looked beat and layed down 3 different times until he bothers her. He was all flustered too, made a scrape and rubbed up a tree. If he was one of the big boys I would have had about a 60yd shot at him. Was hoping all the commotion was going to draw out one of the big boys...but no luck. Also, pretty cool lip squeaked a fox right up to my tree a few times, ended circling my whole tree.

• Like 1

Congrats Grampy !

We saw 3 bucks today, S , M, and L , big guy was chasing a doe , to thick to shoot . Joe passed on the M 8pt right under his stand . They were spending manure all around us all day 4-5 pieces of equipment .

Nice warm day too ! 

1 hour ago, JRod 8G8H said:

Going out with the xbow in the morning before work... Haven't hunted this 5 acre suburban piece in a couple weeks. Across the street is a swamp but I'm behind a row of houses where the deer historically like to hide during gun!!

Guy at work would aways say, that you have to hunt behind the houses after gun starts .....

• Like 1