LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

F me sideways.  Processer I take to have 200 and stopped taking deer. Everyone maxed out in area. Fellow member put me on to a place that are almost caught up   Here’s pic of place I usually go to. 

2B465EB4-D5E9-41ED-9026-410C49FE7552.jpeg

Buck and Doe?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

F me sideways.  Processer I take to have 200 and stopped taking deer. Everyone maxed out in area. Fellow member put me on to a place that are almost caught up   Here’s pic of place I usually go to. 

Yikes, I sure as heck wouldn't drop mine off there, hang it in your garage and learn how to cut them up!

• Like 6

Seeing pictures like that just makes me thankful that I have the time and space to take my deer from field to table. Just skinned and quartered my doe from Saturday. Tomorrow I will cut and vacuum pack the meat followed by a grinding session later in the season where I’ll make all the burger, sausage, snack stick and so on. I’ve learned all of this before YouTube existed but I use it to improve my processing all the time. Heck, if you have a garage, you can do it yourself. Breaking down a deer really helps you to understand the damage done by a Broadhead or bullet, making you a better hunter in the process. I encourage everyone to give it a try, you’ll be glad you did. Even better is to get together with a friend or two. Get those tenderloins out, fry them up and get to work with a few beers!

All a part of the beauty of our hunting legacy. 

• Like 6

Didn't venture out this morning due to steady freezing rain.  I've spent the day watching hunting videos on the Youtube and looking out the window.  I've seen 4 does so far, and the rain just changed to great big snowflakes.  I will gear up in a bit and head out.  (Why does the thought of sitting in the rain bother me more than wet snow?)  Hope the neighborhood does attract a buck.

5 hours ago, bigpaul said:

In a box blind this morning. One little one came through. Can’t see much with snow stuck to every branch. Feel like I’m wasting my time. I can see more from my living room.

Well, when I got back to my living room a nice buck cruised across the field. Since then I went for a 2 mile walk on some newly opened City property and saw 16 deer including 3 bucks. I got a good wind for babysitting some turnips this afternoon. Hopefully one of the big guys come through.

• Like 2

Yikes, I sure as heck wouldn't drop mine off there, hang it in your garage and learn how to cut them up!
Why wouldn't ya......not being an ass just wondering?

This is one of the biggest processors in the area......not sure I have heard any complaints about them in all my years of hunting.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Why wouldn't ya......not being an ass just wondering?

This is one of the biggest processors in the area......not sure I have heard any complaints about them in all my years of hunting.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I’ve never heard a one either. It’s cold out , they’ll get to them. They cut off when they knew they couldn’t get to any more. Always very impressed with their basic cuts. No silver skin , no hair , well wrapped. But hot dogs , sausage only fair. But that’s why we go to Costanzas now for the great stuff. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bigbuckdown2019 said:

Set up a processing session at Yelling Goat out back...after class, we retire to the bar for a pint or two...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Just had 2 does come running through, I waited To see if there was a buck trailing. Instead, another doe was behind them, limping hard. I followed her in the scope to see if she would prevent a clear shot, but she didn’t. I could Clearly see a bleeding wound on her right rear leg. I feel Bad that I couldnt Put her out of her misery but it was just too thick where she went through. 

I suspect she forgives you.  lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Hate to say it but are you sure your getting YOUR deer ?

On the actual cuts I would bet on it . As far as sausage and hot dogs I would bet no way. I've taken a few deer there and they all get tagged and that tag has a work order number on it . When you bring the tag back they get you a box from the cooler and it always done correctly. Summer sausage and hot dogs just come out of a generic pile of premade sausage or hot dog stash, so that stuff is God knows who's deer or how it was handled before it gets processed.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

On the actual cuts I would bet on it . As far as sausage and hot dogs I would bet no way. I've taken a few deer there and they all get tagged and that tag has a work order number on it . When you bring the tag back they get you a box from the cooler and it always done correctly. Summer sausage and hot dogs just come out of a generic pile of premade sausage or hot dog stash, so that stuff is God knows who's deer or how it was handled before it gets processed.

Hanzlian's Homemade Sausage on Genesee St. cant beat that place and their sausage is amazing
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Oh my!!  You guys need to start processing yourselves.  No way would my deer be laying under a tarp with 100 others.  I just finished cutting up my kill from this weekend.  It ain’t rocket science and you know it’s your deer that’s in the freezer.

4D49909B-60CF-4831-9996-545415F8911A.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Oh my!!  You guys need to start processing yourselves.  No way would my deer be laying under a tarp with 100 others.  I just finished cutting up my kill from this weekend.  It ain’t rocket science and you know it’s your deer that’s in the freezer.

4D49909B-60CF-4831-9996-545415F8911A.jpeg

I'm sure it not hard but thats like saying anyone who can swing a hammer is a carpenter . I see the jobs that guys on the forum do compared to an actual butcher ,the butcher's cuts look like cuts and the guys that do it home look like giant blocks of generic meat. It's part of the reason I still take mine to a butcher ,the part is not having a dedicated space to do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm sure it not hard but thats like saying anyone who can swing a hammer is a carpenter . I see the jobs that guys on the forum do compared to an actual butcher ,the butcher's cuts look like cuts and the guys that do it home look like giant blocks of generic meat. It's part of the reason I still take mine to a butcher ,the part is not having a dedicated space to do.

I was really blessed in that my mentor was a retired butcher of 35 years. I always know my meat came from my deer and no waiting or fees either. It is something I would suggest all hunters learn. Its just another aspect of the hunting experience. Scout, Harvest, Process. 

• Like 4