LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I was 28 When I finished my first basement it took 36 sheets of drywall, all moved down there and hung by me. I did my current basement at 40 and I was dying lol, what a difference. Also I was out this morning and didn’t see squat. I hate gun season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ill let you know how i feel about it in 17 years haha

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Agreed.  I had some guys do the framing and hang the drywall and the frame for the drop ceiling.  Did everything else myself, floor, wiring, lighting, sanding, trim, doors, spackling etc.  I remember sanding until 2am from 7am to get it all done.

You're paying a dry wall guy to finish not hang. Anybody can hang it.

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I started well before the invention of the first three wheeler and the drag was part of the hunt . It figured into the shot, do I have time to get it out ? Is this small doe worth the time to drag  across a plowed muddy field , do I have help and so on. 

To me what makes Buckmaster 7600’s stories so cool is he follows a track into the mountains with little more then a gun, and walks out with the gun and deer . If he used an atv it just wouldn’t be the same .

Guys  will often say , “ if I can no longer ( fill in the blank ) I’ll stop hunting , “ well if I can no longer drag my deer ,may very well , be it for me .

I’ll come drag  your deer any day , it’s a fun workout , like dragging the weighted sled  by ropes .

With my back and messed up knee I can drag deer out but why . Why take a chance hurting myself then end up on the couch for week waiting for my slipped disk to go back in. My atv lets me continue to hunt, work smarter not harder. 

• Like 3

Well just read 30 pages and out of likes catching up. I dont have good cell service where I hunt.  Opening weekend was disappointing. I saw 3 deer dark to dark the whole weekend. 7 guys in our crew and one doe. Decent amount of shooting around us though. My good buddy gave me the doe as his freezer was topped off. I finished processing that yesterday and back to work today.  Congratulations to all that harvested. 20191119_131807.thumb.jpg.d27ec7b43ff3338a5addb76ff007a1a3.jpg

• Like 3

Anyone see rutting activity last few days? I’m at the office and have the itch to sneak out for a PM hunt, just debating whether it’s worth it or to leave my spots unpressured. I had a really good hunt Monday night and had a stud chasing does hard (unfortunately just after legal light) and got a lot of reports of other big bucks running does. I didn’t hear a peep yesterday or see much driving around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TheHornHunter said:

Anyone see rutting activity last few days? I’m at the office and have the itch to sneak out for a PM hunt, just debating whether it’s worth it or to leave my spots unpressured. I had a really good hunt Monday night and had a stud chasing does hard (unfortunately just after legal light) and got a lot of reports of other big bucks running does. I didn’t hear a peep yesterday or see much driving around.

yep yesterday , standing in a field at ten talking to my buddy, he spots a deer running in the woods, I pull up binoculars ,and a large 8 is chasing her . I send him to the woods where it’s open ,as you never know where they’ll  end up and at least he can shoot a good distance there .

I stay in field watching the back door, and a young 8 comes out of thick area 60 yards from me and heads off in the direction of doe and big buck .

Later on stand buddy has a mid sized 8 walk past him, go look into a field for a minute or so and move on .

You’re familiar with my area ,if that helps.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Yes, my dad saw a buck chasing a doe hard in 3N. 300-400 yards away i saw 5 does/fawns together with no buck in sight.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Not since Sunday. The shooting around here may have dampened it a bit... I am still going.

• Like 1