LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

23 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Just heard a barred owl. Hello big brother. Thanks for looking over me today. 

And 18 year old kid being sought after by police in this town.   He killed his parents and burned house down. Thought to be armed. Schools closed and telling people not to go out.  My wife keeps texting me to get out of here lol.  Nah , I’ll make that scumbag drag my deer 

Clarksville?  Saw something on the news this morning but they didnt convey any details other than a fire...

I am pretty sure I just not meant to get a deer this season.   Sat in stand 2 minutes doe comes in from field behind me.  Walks directly under me and I let her get about 6 yards . Pull trigger....click...wtf....cycle bolt a shell comes out and she is gone.   Miss fire. Just can't believe this season. 
NO!!!! That sucks Rob! Hopefully a big buck will follow her trail to you!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just heard a barred owl. Hello big brother. Thanks for looking over me today. 

And 18 year old kid being sought after by police in this town.   He killed his parents and burned house down. Thought to be armed. Schools closed and telling people not to go out.  My wife keeps texting me to get out of here lol.  Nah , I’ll make that scumbag drag my deer 
Shoot first ask questions later!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

From my ground blind, I can see ~500 yards in 3 directions, across a soybean field. I can see hedgerows connecting 4 woodlots, edges of woodlots, and the edge of a ~25 acre goldenrod field. Backside of a farm and completely secluded. No one else hunts the property. The nearest shot I've heard since season opened has been ~1/2 mile. If the bucks were seeking or chasing, I would surely see activity back here. Not a friggin' deer moving!! WTF!?!?

Ballz.  Heard foot steps off my left shoulder.   25 yards to Then 20 in super thick stuff.  All I could see is a foot , nose and throat patch. Deer stood there for 7-10 minutes not moving. Still couldn’t make out what it was. Rifle hanging in tree. I slowly grab .44 out of chest rig. Wind  blowing perfect. Cmon , step out and let me see what you are. Takes one step sideways and jumps , no tail up. Huge body and big rack.  No shot.  I grunted but he’s gone. Dang it. Here’s pic of crap he was in. 

663CE62F-520B-4E0E-938E-5DC5B29A9A9E.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Ballz.  Heard foot steps off my left shoulder.   25 yards to Then 20 in super thick stuff.  All I could see is a foot , nose and throat patch. Deer stood there for 7-10 minutes not moving. Still couldn’t make out what it was. Rifle hanging in tree. I slowly grab .44 out of chest rig. Wind  blowing perfect. Cmon , step out and let me see what you are. Takes one step sideways and jumps , no tail up. Huge body and big rack.  No shot.  I grunted but he’s gone. Dang it. Here’s pic of crap he was in. 
663CE62F-520B-4E0E-938E-5DC5B29A9A9E.thumb.jpeg.7ce784f2d08a352038338fb8e3b04b16.jpeg
Damn it!! At least it sounds like they're moving. Maybe a doe will bring him back through for you.

I am pretty sure I just not meant to get a deer this season.   Sat in stand 2 minutes doe comes in from field behind me.  Walks directly under me and I let her get about 6 yards . Pull trigger....click...wtf....cycle bolt a shell comes out and she is gone.   Miss fire. Just can't believe this season. 

That stinks. What do you mean by misfire though? A bullet was in chamber and didn’t go off? What causes this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#fromtheground
He was moving in from the right. Real slow and weary. He started to circle behind me. I hit him at about 40 yds. He ran maybe 70 yds then I watched him pile up. He's a big bodied 7pt. This mile drag through mud is going to take me all day.
IMG_20191121_080802959.thumb.jpg.3adf98515a18d0a3c4fec724e1353600.jpg
IMG_20191121_080540509.thumb.jpg.98fdfd4897b15c7a2fd79cb6f6759794.jpg
Congrats! He's a dandy!! Sounds like you have a long drag ahead of you!

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Yes sir

I have the same one. Love that thing! i use mine for still hunting boar and bear. Good size round and quick follow up shots. I would use my 308 for deer but no rifle here. One day I hope to find a spot somewhere in Orange, Sullivan or Duchess, until then, they are all safe ornaments :sorry:

#fromtheground
He was moving in from the right. Real slow and weary. He started to circle behind me. I hit him at about 40 yds. He ran maybe 70 yds then I watched him pile up. He's a big bodied 7pt. This mile drag through mud is going to take me all day.
IMG_20191121_080802959.thumb.jpg.3adf98515a18d0a3c4fec724e1353600.jpg
IMG_20191121_080540509.thumb.jpg.98fdfd4897b15c7a2fd79cb6f6759794.jpg

Nice one!