LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

2 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Still in stand and still haven’t seen anything. Suns beating on me pretty good but it still feels cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you Moho. Still in stand after getting here nice and early before daylight, at about 5:50...and not a single deer seen yet.

• Like 1

Good day hunting so far. Lots of action and chasing this morning. I had my #1 shooter on this property at 70 yards broadside but he broke off a good amount of antler in the last week and I decided to pass on the shot. I texted my neighbor and he’s going to pass him too so hopefully he survives and is even bigger next year. I know you can fix broken antlers and it’s not all about a rack but there’s still plenty of season left and other shooters for me to go after. Only sat until ten but had a couple three year olds and a few younger bucks running a hot doe too. I put 25 posted signs to deal with some recent trespass issues and now I’m back out for the PM sit. I’ve got about 15 does and a couple small bucks out right now, hoping something bigger makes it way out. Still feels pretty rutty here

da82b19e4a2e83c075d2a6b31fc659b2.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

It’s a dangerous slippery slope , what’s next ? Will I start using an elevator instead of the stairs ? Buy a damn riding mower ? Will I have to have my wife open jars and kill bugs for me ?

Good luck, fellas . I’m done hunting ,but will take my daughter out Monday Morning , so my spot will have had a nine day rest .

Let’s see, the only one of those I am missing is the .... uhhh actually they all apply.  Join the dark lazy side Larry.  It’s easy.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Good day hunting so far. Lots of action and chasing this morning. I had my #1 shooter on this property at 70 yards broadside but he broke off a good amount of antler in the last week and I decided to pass on the shot. I texted my neighbor and he’s going to pass him too so hopefully he survives and is even bigger next year. I know you can fix broken antlers and it’s not all about a rack but there’s still plenty of season left and other shooters for me to go after. Only sat until ten but had a couple three year olds and a few younger bucks running a hot doe too. I put 25 posted signs to deal with some recent trespass issues and now I’m back out for the PM sit. I’ve got about 15 does and a couple small bucks out right now, hoping something bigger makes it way out. Still feels pretty rutty here

da82b19e4a2e83c075d2a6b31fc659b2.jpg

The 2 props I hunt aren’t bad but holy smokes you make me jealous.   

Jumped in for the last hour in my closest 3S spot...busy day...started a euro mount cleaning, some turkey day shopping, moved the piano to make space for dinner table for 14... cherry on top would be some down brown! Hoping there’s still a horny buck running around in search of one more bang! Little spritz of buck bomb behind the ear for tonight’s date!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Sat till 9:30 this morn not a thing moving. Took a little walk and jumped one. Moved a double ladder stand to a new spot. Got showers, Fed, fresh clothes and back up at 2:30 out back.
I’m ready to shoot something.

Had a jam in the 30-30 unloaded after first watch. Have the gun half torn apart. Still haven’t figured it out. May be outa commission for the rest season.

No back up?  Good excuse for a new gun!

• Like 1

No back up?  Good excuse for a new gun!

Oh yea I got all kinds choices
I’m out back of the house which is shotgun. I’ll prolly switch over tho the TC Triumph as I use that mostly anyway. Or the 7mm mag or the 6.5........

• Like 1