LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

25 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I see you’re still toting that taped up shotgun, how’s the mount holding up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took it Off got it sighted in without it , dead on at 50 yards  I was up in  rifle zone  the other day with my weatherby but  believe it or not after walking around with that thing for awhile  I was wishing I brought this one instead lol  just love the lightness of it .

Edited by Hunter007

Just made it back from a all morning sit and didn't see a thing. That's it for a couple of days. 

Seven straight days without seeing a deer is enough for awhile. Clothes are in the laundry and once they are dry will be treated with Sawyers again. Rest up for a couple of days, get a attitude adjustment,  then give it a try again in region 9 over the holiday. Never hunted it before (this area) so I am not quite sure what to expect. All I know is it can't be much worse than what is going on here in 8h & n. Good luck everyone.

spacer.png

IMG_20191125_082914.jpg

IMG_20191125_082929.jpg

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Just made it back from a all morning sit and didn't see a thing. That's it for a couple of days. 

Seven straight days without seeing a deer is enough for awhile. Cloths are in the laundry and once they are dry will be treated with Sawyers again. Rest up for a couple of days, get a attitude adjustment,  then give it a try again in region 9 over the holiday. Never hunted it before (this area) so I am not quite sure what to expect. All I know is it can't be much worse than what is going on here in 8h & n. Good luck everyone.

spacer.png

IMG_20191125_082914.jpg

IMG_20191125_082929.jpg

I was hoping you would get one! You still have time, good luck

4 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Me to but no luck...I won't be hitting "9" until Thursday (maybe Wed.) I will keep you posted:wink:

I am with you guys haven't seen a deer since gun opened. Some all day sits and still skunked.

Just need to keep on keeping on. It's like medicine sitting in the stand to me. Sometimes the medicine doesn't sit right but it seems to always make me feel better in the end.

• Like 3

Took it Off got it sighted in without it , dead on at 50 yards  I was up in  rifle zone  the other day with my weatherby but  believe it or not after walking around with that thing for awhile  I was wishing I brought this one instead lol  just love the lightness of it .

What’s the tape for?

17 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

I am with you guys haven't seen a deer since gun opened. Some all day sits and still skunked.

Just need to keep on keeping on. It's like medicine sitting in the stand to me. Sometimes the medicine doesn't sit right but it seems to always make me feel better in the end.

I seen 10 doe the other afternoon in Nunda and am not allowed to take doe on his property. :-(

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Paula said:

I seen 10 doe the other afternoon in Nunda and am not allowed to take doe on his property. :-(

If you have a DMP and are willing to take a doe but yet the property you hunt forbids the takimg of doe, im sorry but the landowner  or club is just clueless. Its an old mentality that makes absolutely no sense.  

• Like 3

Been really hectic in my camp. Just got caught up. Some really nice deer taken this weekend. Congrats to all the fortunate ones. I was in my stand Saturday morning starting at 530am till 1130am. Only saw 2 doe. Weird. Anyway I was almost at full draw on the bigger of the 2 when I changed my mind because I thought she was too small and needed to grow. As I'm trying to let off the 2nd one caught me moving but she was so young she didn't make me out and just stood there watching me. I love when they are dumb. I couldn't post anything as I was busy with fam and then helping a friend with a MONSTER 12 point he took in his back yard in Manorville. Bad news...don't have permission yet to post the deer. Good news...he told me I could hunt there anytime! It will probably be this Saturday because I have off Friday and am looking for a little redemption from those doe. Been too picky this year, so far. Now, all bets are off!! If its brown, its going down! Forget Black Friday. It's gonna be brown and red Friday! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

If you have a DMP and are willing to take a doe but yet the property you hunt forbids the takimg of doe, im sorry but the landowner  or club is just clueless. Its an old mentality that makes absolutely no sense.  

He says the doe hold and bring bucks. 

48 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

What’s the tape for?

You are not going to like it but it works not moving .

Needed to make the rear  sight higher was shooting low .

So I Just heat formed some plastic  cut a  notch in it at the proper height. Has no weight to it  so the recoil has no effect  that I can tell and I shot it over  30 times  to test it out and sight it in .

20191125_160020.jpg

4 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

You are not going to like it but it works not moving .

Needed to make the rear  sight higher was shooting low .

So I Just heat formed some plastic  cut a  notch in it at the proper height. Has no weight to it  so the recoil has no effect  that I can tell and I shot it over  30 times  to test it out and sight it in .

20191125_160020.jpg

You need to have a proper repair made by a smith. Something is going to go wrong at the worst possible time, guaranteed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Your site. Isn't that what the plastic piece is for? Isn't that what the tape is holding down? Or is the tape really holding the receiver together?

The sight on the back of that shogun is just a notch on the gun  and for me it shoots low . So to ajust for that you need a higher one all I did was make a piece that lines up with that Notch just higher up get my drift .  

20191125_161908.jpg

Edited by Hunter007