LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Killed 6 3yr old bucks on the same 30acre parcel this season.  Surrounding lands make a huge difference.  

1 or more of those bucks might be older. Once you get to 3.5 or 4.5, unless you have a trail cam history the only way to really know is by sending in a jaw to deerage.com or somewhere else. Even physical appearance of wear and tear can vary. Not every buck jumps in inches at 4.5, so I bet at least 1 of those bucks is older than 3.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Bingo, absolutely.  I literally know a 1000 acres piece by me that does not hold a candle to my 40. Im not bragging, but like anything else location, location, location and to give myself some credit i bust my hump to improve the land just a little bit more each year. 

No doubt.  I am confident that our preseason property work helped with 2 of those.   

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Total BS, you dont have a clue. Ill put my 40 acres property up against any 500 acres piece near me. Its not the size, its what you do to improve the land and what the land naturally has to offer. 

I concur with NYBowhunter that land improvement is key. In the three and a half years of owning and improving our land the deer density and quality have made it all worthwhile. Added a pond, put in food plots, let a hay lot go to 6 foot high goldenrod. We stay out of the cedar swamp/bedding area. Results this year...

IMG_20191124_075135122.jpg

IMG_20191124_080221668_MP.jpg

IMG_20191123_070155729.jpg

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Storm - of course there are gunsmiths near Westchester county. Come on!

Most gunsmiths would look at that POS and say...." Save your money and buy a quality gun "....

There is a very old saying...." You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear ".....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Most gunsmiths would look at that POS and say...." Save your money and buy a quality gun "....

There is a very old saying...." You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear ".....

Or you can't polish a turd:-)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Shhhh - highly guarded secret.   

Apparently so if the  owner of the gun store  I picked up the shotgun at doesn't even know  one . 

I used to know one in Greenwich Connecticut but the guy is not there anymore and  that was about  25, 30 years ago

Edited by Hunter007

5 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

Apparently so if the  owner of the gun store  I picked up the shotgun at doesn't even know  one . 

I used to know one in Greenwich Connecticut but the guy is not there anymore and  that was about  25, 30 years ago

Dude seriously google gunsmiths in westchester.  Quite a few came up.  Some find it easier to find excuses than a solution.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunter007 said:

Tell you what moog let me hunt your  10,000 acres I  know you got up there,  you with your bow or crossbow and me with my 100 dollar shotgun and see who gets a deer first lol 

It's still a gun and out to 50 its dead on now  I could care less what you guys think about it the way it looks.

Spoken like an idiot, sorry, no way to be nice about your severe lack of intelligence. Ok, actually not sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hunter007 said:

Don't get mad  buddy I know you mean well

I can change shotguns  anytime I like if I want . And may do that next time I go out .

I have no beef with you, but you owe it to the game you hunt to make a clean and humane kill. A taped on sight is not what I would consider respecting your game. That sight may be dead on at 50 at the range but walking through the woods or heck just bumping it with your finger can throw it off. You say you have other guns then use them. Your not being a responsible hunter using that, you should see  that .. 

Edited by rob-c

4 minutes ago, Skillet said:

Brother in law shot this buck at my camp on Saturday. Take a look at his rear leg, just above the foot. 

I think it's a scope cap. He musta stepped through it. Didn't seem to be causing him any discomfort.

IMG_20191123_112307651_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191123_112920386.jpg

IMG_20191123_112929428_HDR.jpg

That's crazy. Funny thing on sunday I found a butler creek flip cap. Looked brand new. I saved a buck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I have no beef with you, but you owe it to the game you hunt to make a clean and humane kill. A taped on sight is not what I would consider respecting your game. That sight may be dead on at 50 at the range but walking through the woods or heck just bumping it with you finger can throw it off. You say you have other guns then use them. Your not being a responsible hunter using that, you should see  that .. 

I have been only used that once this year 

Edited by Hunter007

You are not going to like it but it works not moving .
Needed to make the rear  sight higher was shooting low .
So I Just heat formed some plastic  cut a  notch in it at the proper height. Has no weight to it  so the recoil has no effect  that I can tell and I shot it over  30 times  to test it out and sight it in .

20191125_160020.thumb.jpg.658f1880717764830eb3bb5d1f4895f0.jpg

f807caacc49ea005b416cff320a0eea8.jpg

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Dont get sucked into the vacuum.  Don’t do it.  I implore you Rob.  

Those places  you saw  I wouldn't bring anything there there in NYC or right on border  .  And rather drive to pa and get it done there .

Edited by Hunter007