LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

11 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

Wow, a duct taped on sight for shotgun hunting. Never heard of such a thing. Why not tape a toilet paper tube on (for a scope) to extend your range?

Well that’s just silly, even I know the proper use of a toilet paper tube is to be duct taped onto an existing scope for a sunshade..:rolleyes:

Yonkers and Mount Vernon just as bad  

Again, I didn’t suggest that. I suggested 4 counties. If you don’t want to google around I can’t help you. But the point is, there are LOTS of gunsmiths locally. Carmel, Brewster, Yorktown, Danbury, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

I know I’ve caught some chatter on here about the trail cams that send pictures directly to your cell phone, honestly I’m not the most tech savvy person. I am just looking for what everyone is using and your opinion on if a benefit exists over a conventional trail cam. Bass Pro has the Spypoint Link-EVO on sale on Black Friday and I was looking to pick up a couple of the feedback was good.

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Again, I didn’t suggest that. I suggested 4 counties. If you don’t want to google around I can’t help you. But the point is, there are LOTS of gunsmiths locally. Carmel, Brewster, Yorktown, Danbury, etc.

Yea I got the gun in carmel I   ask the owner of the gun shop when I picked it up  guess what he said he doesn't no any gunsmiths .  IM .sure there out there somewhere.  The last time I had something drilled and taped by a gunsmith was in Greenwich ct and he is not there anymore  . 

Edited by Hunter007

Apparently so if the  owner of the gun store  I picked up the shotgun at doesn't even know  one . 
I used to know one in Greenwich Connecticut but the guy is not there anymore and  that was about  25, 30 years ago

There is one in congers, rockland county maybe 30 min from you max

3 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:
Bingo, absolutely.  I literally know a 1000 acres piece by me that does not hold a candle to my 40. Im not bragging, but like anything else location, location, location and to give myself some credit i bust my hump to improve the land just a little bit more each year. 

How you hunt it makes a huge difference too. I’ve seen guys ruin 200+ acre properties by accessing it and hunting dumb. I’ve also seen many people consistently kill multiple good bucks every year off less than 40 acres.

Edited by TheHornHunter
Was cut off
  • Like 3

We’re gonna drive the crap out of some river county property thanksgiving morning. Brown and down, heading to pa Friday for the rifle shit show all weekend and Tuesday. 

First Saturday opener? What unit of PA? I hunted clearfield county in 2011 and 2013 with xbow. 2G I think? Moshanon state forest. 300K acres and never saw any other hunters. It was a lot of fun seeing so many deer

9 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

We’re gonna drive the crap out of some river county property thanksgiving morning. Brown and down, heading to pa Friday for the rifle shit show all weekend and Tuesday. 

Enjoy !

My most memorable hunts were drives, my most memorable kills were taken on drives ,I, mean a steady rifle shot at a stationary deer is frankly boring  .

My pulse hasn’t gone up on a shot, in many years .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

How you hunt it makes a huge difference too. I’ve seen guys ruin 200+ acre properties by accessing it and hunting dumb. . . .

THH, could you recommend a source (book, youtube video, whatever) that would teach a hunter how not to do this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Enjoy !

My most memorable hunts were drives, my most memorable kills were taken on drives ,I, mean a steady rifle shot at a stationary deer is frankly boring  .

My pulse hasn’t gone up on a shot, in many years .

I’ll have 6 rounds in the ar-15 6.5 Grendel ready to go.

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

First Saturday opener? What unit of PA? I hunted clearfield county in 2011 and 2013 with xbow. 2G I think? Moshanon state forest. 300K acres and never saw any other hunters. It was a lot of fun seeing so many deer

yes, 3c zone. Just an awesome piece of property, 133” deer was taken with bow, 2 years ago I got a 128”, and this yeah I have 5-6 shooters on cam and hit one of them in the backstrap trying to shoot an xbow out of a shadow hunter blind. 300 acres of no hunting on one side, town on another side, heavily pressured on the other, and this property is thick, primarily bedding 60-70 out of 100 acres. 

• Like 1

Man, sat this morning. Nothing. Sat this afternoon. Nothing. Beginning to think I totally suck at this. 

On another note, a neighbour - nice guy, Eastern European, barely speaks English - stopped by and while we were chatting offered to let me hunt his stands. I’ve never been on his property so wanted to check them out. As I walked up I noticed a lot of deer tracks in the snow. Came to the stand to see a salt block and auto feeder with corn everywhere. Second stand has the same set up. 
Really don’t know what to do. Don’t feel right about reporting him and not sure I want to confront him. Probably won’t see him again until the spring. 

Why not just let him know that what he’s doing is illegal? He may not know ( no excuse) so just tell him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2