LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Well, this isn't live from the woods, but here's how my day worked out.

Morning sit, small button buck and a doe/fawn not much bigger then my dog. Both got a pass. I had some things to get done around the home front, so I came home.

Didn't log in, but holy ****! Trying to see who killed a deer was like reading the NYT's! Some people need to just stop and grow the ^^^^ up!

Got a few hour window to get back out. So, I headed out for some still hunting. I get to my area, and my license is at home. I drive back home, get my tags, drive back out and hope no ones parked near by, I only have time for a quick still hunt. I spend a couple hours in the woods, jump a deer I could not see, and head back off the mountain.

I was out there so I enjoyed it.

I took this pic, surprised it came out like OK. If you want to keep who you are a secret, get a great pic of the sun setting behind you!

fustormyposer.jpg

• Like 2

Dad got his first buck in years. He hunts to spend time with me and had only a couple days at camp after coming up from Florida.

Gave him my climber and put him in a spot I like, he shot this four point at about eight a.m., was our last hunt of the year together so I couldn't be more happy. Second buck at camp this year between he and I.

I still have my buck tag so I might sneak out to state land the next couple mornings in 3m looking for Mr. Big who keeps making all the rubs I've found. 

Screenshot_2019-11-26-12-12-44.png

• Like 32

15 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Dad got his first buck in years. He hunts to spend time with me and had only a couple days at camp after coming up from Florida.

Gave him my climber and put him in a spot I like, he shot this four point at about eight a.m., was our last hunt of the year together so I couldn't be more happy. Second buck at camp this year between he and I.

I still have my buck tag so I might sneak out to state land the next couple mornings in 3m looking for Mr. Big who keeps making all the rubs I've found. 

Screenshot_2019-11-26-12-12-44.png

Congrats to your Dad and cherish those hunts. I envy guys that still have their Dad's to hunt with.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Belo said:

man I last checked in here on page 272... anyone have 50 pages of cliff notes?

A few bucks shot. Some nice fat doe's shot. Some beautiful pic's from the woods. Then the "storm" rolled in and clouded everything up for a bit. And now everyone seems to be ignoring the "storm", so it's clearing up nicely again! Forecast is "storm" free, so all is good! Get out and hunt!

• Like 8

8 hours ago, goosifer said:

Yes, you are right. Thank you for reminding me  I will apply this week. I was planning on becoming a member, but didn't make the connection about going there to sight in my muzzleloader. Any idea how long the application process takes?

If you dont have a pistol permit then you will need to have your local police department do a back ground check . After that you show up to one of the new member meetings and sign up.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

He hasn’t yet and continues to upset and frustrate other members with his pointless jibberish.  

I only have one thing to say to you and all your  friends 

Happy Thanksgiving  guys.

Hope  you all get some big deer this week .

I will say a  prayer for you .

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 1

Out in 3G again. Action has been poor last few days. Only deer I have seen since Sunday was two does bedded in my neighbors yard last night. Sitting some food this am, hoping that I catch someone munching.

Heard a pack of coyotes yapping off in the distance. Not a great sign. Regardless, great to see another sunrise in the woods.

Good luck to all and a happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Finally will be warm enough to take my son for a morning sit, hes only 7 and gets cold easily.  We will be after ANY doe that makes an appearance. 

I know the feeling my daughter is 9 and really wants to go out with me but anything under 45 seems to be to cold for her and she stays home.

My one and only goal for next year is to build an elevated box blind so I can have heat for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, left field said:

One of those unknown and overlooked spots that produces well for me. 

That was a bust. Came up Sunday to find tracks in the snow to my pond and across my ridge, I thought I’d have a real shot. Didn’t see a damn thing. 

I guess I have a few more opportunities if the snow holds off enough for me to get up here. Then, I’m calling 4SW! 

Wasnt looking for specifics, i fish the esopus often so was just wondering what town. We own a couple of houses in phonecia so usually stay around there!

51 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I know the feeling my daughter is 9 and really wants to go out with me but anything under 45 seems to be to cold for her and she stays home.

My one and only goal for next year is to build an elevated box blind so I can have heat for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did that. I ponied up and spent quite a bit on a prefabricated blind. Buddy heater and snacks and kids can last quite a long time. You wont regret it

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ncove1332 said:

Wasnt looking for specifics, i fish the esopus often so was just wondering what town. We own a couple of houses in phonecia so usually stay around there!

Well above Phoenicia, though I do fish Woodland Valley quite a bit. 

Decided to try another sit. The heart isn’t a lonely hunter, the hunter is a lonely heart. 

• Like 1