LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

I need more guys like you near where I hunt walking about haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly you’re 25 or so years to late . Thanksgiving week end, would be trucks with the beds full of hunters , going from spot to spot , deer running everywhere all day long . Now we sit and hope we catch something moving in daylight . Zzzzz.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I know the feeling my daughter is 9 and really wants to go out with me but anything under 45 seems to be to cold for her and she stays home.

My one and only goal for next year is to build an elevated box blind so I can have heat for her.

Worth every penny......I built mine on a trailer frame.....got the idea from here. My boys absolutely love it and the heat is a huge plus. Also involve your daughter in the build, my boys painted it and had a blast getting covered head to toe in paint while doing it!
b8629a05d5cadf0b09327bb8c7fb20b2.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Sadly you’re 25 or so years to late . Thanksgiving week end, would be trucks with the beds full of hunters , going from spot to spot , deer running everywhere all day long . Now we sit and hope we catch something moving in daylight . Zzzzz.....

Oh I know. I started hunting 20 years ago. I’ve seen the steady decline of the pumpkin army first hand and it’s a bummer for gun season for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Just had a small six walk in to me as I’m walking out, didn’t shoot him. I’m getting soft in my old age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last week I let a fat doe walk because she had a 2.5 year old 8 point trailing her.

Then I decided to let him walk because I could see a big 10 way off locked down with a doe.

The 10 ended up heading in the other direction... but I was happy with both decisions. 

WHAT IS THIS FORUM TURNING ME INTO???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ncove1332 said:

Wasnt looking for specifics, i fish the esopus often so was just wondering what town. We own a couple of houses in phonecia so usually stay around there!

Well above Phoenicia, though I do fish Woodland Valley quite a bit. 

Decided to try another sit. The heart isn’t a lonely hunter, the hunter is a lonely heart. 

Moved from one stand to another and was busted by a single doe halfway there and another two under the stand I was heading toward. Now I need lessons on how not to move like a pregnant yak. 

51 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Last week I let a fat doe walk because she had a 2.5 year old 8 point trailing her.

Then I decided to let him walk because I could see a big 10 way off locked down with a doe.

The 10 ended up heading in the other direction... but I was happy with both decisions. 

WHAT IS THIS FORUM TURNING ME INTO???

Im getting off so I can go back to shooting what I want without fear of reprisal! Actually if I didn't have a great hunt planned for tomorrow I'd have shot him. I'm ready for duck season

Edited by The_Real_TCIII
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, left field said:

Well above Phoenicia, though I do fish Woodland Valley quite a bit. 

Decided to try another sit. The heart isn’t a lonely hunter, the hunter is a lonely heart. 

Moved from one stand to another and was busted by a single doe halfway there and another two under the stand I was heading toward. Now I need lessons on how not to move like a pregnant yak. 

My buddy is on a mission to catch a trout in every month, hes going for his November fish this afternoon

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im getting off so I can go back to shooting what I want without fear of reprisal! Actually if I didn't have a great hunt planned for tomorrow I'd have shot him. I'm ready for duck season

I'v never shot a spike... maybe this weekend I can check that off the list!

• Thanks 1

Since I lost my hunting area this year, wife and I are heading to Altmar today and are staying at the tailwater lodge through Saturday for some Steelhead fishing. Fishing has been less than great but at least we will be out of the office and I can try a couple of the new Switch rods I built this fall while not hunting. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I'v never shot a spike... maybe this weekend I can check that off the list!

Two of my most ,memorable hunts, one in bow and one in gun, were spike kills . A few years back I gave away most of my antlers , kept those , most of the others I couldn’t even remember the hunt .

• Like 1

Two of my most ,memorable hunts, one in bow and one in gun, were spike kills . A few years back I gave away most of my antlers , kept those , most of the others I couldn’t even remember the hunt .

I’v killed a 2 point... but never a spike. Actually had one I wanted back in 2017. The only sad year that I got skunked for deer.
9bfa4046ff8796ee4a2ad1b835fd7c70.jpg34a531ae1abb0031b5953a0dce26e6fd.jpg

• Like 1