LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

Sadly you’re 25 or so years to late . Thanksgiving week end, would be trucks with the beds full of hunters , going from spot to spot , deer running everywhere all day long . Now we sit and hope we catch something moving in daylight . Zzzzz.....

Very true.

3 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Worth every penny......I built mine on a trailer frame.....got the idea from here. My boys absolutely love it and the heat is a huge plus. Also involve your daughter in the build, my boys painted it and had a blast getting covered head to toe in paint while doing it!
b8629a05d5cadf0b09327bb8c7fb20b2.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Could you share a pic of it from the outside? How tall is it? Thanks

Opening day of the Southern Zone regular season - sit in the cold all morning in Sterling Forest and had 1 doe slip by quietly just out range (plus no doe permit for 3P). Come home for lunch and there were two does in the back yard - too bad I live in town.  Saw nothing all afternoon.  Sunday tried pushing though another part of the same woods - nothing but squirrels.  Okay, slow start of the season, but it is a start.

Last Saturday morning I had a bunch of leaf clean-up to do around the yard, and got my grill propane bottles refilled.  Looked up after putting down the 2 tanks to see why my dog is fussing and there is a buck in yard.  Changed and went to Stewart, took 45 minutes to find a spot that was not filled or in the swamp.  Hiked to an area I want to hunt and saw a doe run through one of the power line right-a-ways.  I grabbed my grunter and made a soft grunt and she slowed down and disappeared.  After a while,  I started munching on my apple that i packed to snack on - half-way through started hearing a few different sounds. Something that sounded like huffing and a couple roars.  Roars got louder and I dropped my apple.  A doe burst out of the tree line opposite of me running with two deer right behind her.  The second was a buck with short heavy antlers in hot pursuit.

Shouldered my gun and took a shot, it was a bit on the long side. The three kept going and I quickly lost sight of them going through the trees and over the crest of the hill.  I checked for blood and tried following their trail - no signs of blood.  Their trail split in two directions - leaves kicked up in both directions of the forked trail. Check both directions for 30 minutes each - no blood or deer laying down found by 4:30.  Hiked back out without any deer, but it was sure a good afternoon otherwise.

Can't wait for the next day off that I can get out again.

• Like 1

Got bored so I slow rolled my back 10 saw a spike and doe feeding along my pond. Then a thunderstorm rolled in I think I spent most of my hunting trip in foul weather. That’s it for me heading home in the morning for thanksgiving with the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I beginning to think it's a pretty good deal to go hunting with you!! Everybody you take out knocks one down. I heard you drag too!!!

lol 

I do . I should start charging lololol. It helps I know the area and I know which way they go and how to push it is hard to show people and teach them how to push . It is easier  for me to do it lolol

• Like 1